Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Let's see those Darkside junk piles!

ok, I can't afford unique coins, I can't even afford upper end coins. but that's cool, I love having a pile of little widgets to leaf through. airtites let me feel good about keeping them thumb-throughable...

let's see what you have in the cigar-bin, shoe-box, junk-drawer, whatever?

Comments

• Options
    JoesMaNameJoesMaName Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭
    Some of your junk drawer is more impressive then half of my collection!

Oh well, anyway - Here is the current content of my "need to go through" bag...
    Paul - saved by
    The Fireman...
  • Options
    clarkbar04clarkbar04 Posts: 4,928 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some of that stuff would be the pinnacle of my collection!
    MS66 taste on an MS63 budget.
  • Options
    DoogyDoogy Posts: 4,508
    nice pile there Frank! i'll take dibs if you ever decide to let the Camp David Peace dollar go to a good home! I used to work there, and it would look good with the other Presidential doo-dads! image
  • Options
    BlackhawkBlackhawk Posts: 3,898 ✭✭✭
    This sounds like the title of a thread from an X-rated rap music forum. image
    "Have a nice day!"
  • Options
    Just a mix of both Darkside and Liteside stuff i have...... This may take several post's to get them all pictured, Please bare with me...
    " I just checked in , Just to see what condition, My condition was in." Kenny Rogers and the 1st. Edition......
  • Options
    HyperionHyperion Posts: 7,438 ✭✭✭
    OD!!!!! awesome!!! we have holey-competition!!!!!! image
  • Options
    Thank's Hyperion, I just hope that the 1876 No "H" Canadian cent is the one that bosox is talking about. I bought that lot off Fleabay last year, and have pulled several raritie's out of it, Yes, many are holed..... If this Canadian cent is the pattern then i did real well. One of the good one's was the unfortunately holed 1873 PIO 10 centavo's, With a mintage of 4500, and from what i could find out it is one of 10 known to survive. However, Both coin's may end up on the weekly BST thread this next time around. My trip to Florida had to be temporarily put on hold. So here i sit.........image
    " I just checked in , Just to see what condition, My condition was in." Kenny Rogers and the 1st. Edition......
  • Options
    HussuloHussulo Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭

Seriously though I would pull all the coins with verdigris out of the pile as verdigris can spread to other coins which are currently aren't infected.
    Verdigris is the common name for the chemical Cu (CH 3 COO) 2.
    It is a disease of copper, brass or bronze that has been exposed to dampness or something corrosive.
    If a coin has it and you keep it amongst other coins the chances are it will spread, therefore, it is a good idea to wear white cotton gloves when handling coins, especially expensive ones, as verdigris will seriously affect the value of a coin.

• Options
    AethelredAethelred Posts: 9,288 ✭✭✭
    I love "junk piles."image
    If you are in the Western North Carolina area, please consider visiting our coin shop:

WNC Coins, LLC
    1987-C Hendersonville Road
    Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com