Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Where is a good place to buy commons?

I know there's that Henderson guy that calls himself "King of the Commons" but I don't find his site to be user friendly. I want an online site where the inventory is listed by card number so I can just go through my checklist and pick specific cards. I realize that it would be difficult for a dealer to keep their inventory that organized but I wonder if someone has put in enough work to do it. Currently I'm just buying lots on E-bay 50 to 100 cards at a time without knowing which specific cards I'm getting. I'm starting to get a big stack of duplicates.

Comments

• Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can't beat Mickey's.
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    JeremyDie1JeremyDie1 Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭
    The best place is a card show. Spent six hours today looking at commons.image
  • Options
    Thanks for the reply but Mickey just doesn't have what I need. I'm putting together a 1975 mini set all raw cards. He had a handful of PSA graded cards from that set but I think I need approximately 250 more commons.
  • Options
    jimq112jimq112 Posts: 3,511 ✭✭✭
    Sportlots.com is ok also depending on what sets you're chasing.

• Options
    DrKDrK Posts: 58
    I have actually had pretty good luck just searching through beckett.com. It aggregates a few dozen card shops and among them I generally find most of what I want. You rarely get to see scans of the cards, but the inventory is pretty good.
  • Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,540 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been helping a lot of baseball card set builders from these forums in this thread. Maybe you'll find what you're looking for there.
  • Options
    jimq112jimq112 Posts: 3,511 ✭✭✭
    I was happy with the cards I got from Nick, no problems at all.