Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Which one of these George Gervin's would you add to your collection and why?

Hey guys, i'm thinking about which one of these two I should add to my collection. Which one do you think and why? Which one would you add to your collection and why? I know I could add both, lol, but I would like to add only one.

Card #1

Card #2

Which one looks better overall to you and why?

Thank you so much for your time and your opinions are appreciated!

Giovanni

Comments

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,498 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Card # 1. I dont really Know why though..
  • Options
    jimq112jimq112 Posts: 3,511 ✭✭✭
    I know it's not a low numbered insert, but I would rather have this Inkredible
    than either one, and I would save the extra $ for another card.

The inkredible isn't as busy and has a nice clear on-card auto. IMHO the first one has way too much going on, and the 2nd one looks like a tape auto (I don't think it is a tape auto, just looks like one).

I don't collect the HOF auto set, but I do have an inkredible card and I like how they look simple and clean.

• Options

<< <i>Card # 1. I dont really Know why though.. >>

Do you think that autograph on #2 is faded? Or is it just the bad photo? Its ending in about 45 minutes. Sometimes a card looks like its faded in the pic, then when you get it its 100% perfect, its happened to me before with a bad looking pic like that and turned out to be very good auto.

Giovanni
  • Options
    ICE9ICE9 Posts: 552 ✭✭✭
    I like the SP Famous Nicknames card design - that is one sweet card!

Mike
    "Must these Englishmen Live That I Might Die? Must They Live That I Might Die?" - The Blue Oyster Cult
  • Options
    Hey Jimq112, yeah I like that Inkredible set too, I have a few from the set such as Havlicek. However, for the Wilt Chamberlain I think the Inkredible isen't that great because they have that Retro logo right in the middle of the autograph and it kind of takes away from the auto, so for Chamberlain I would go with the Epic Legends, thats a better set I think becaue its plain white were the autograph goes.

Not mine, its from ebay for example.

Giovanni

• Options

<< <i>I like the SP Famous Nicknames card design - that is one sweet card!

Mike >>

Hey Mike, thanks!

Yeah, I love that card too. I have it and its serial numbered to 25. I have always liked that 2003 Legends Inscriptions set, matter of fact I got the George Mikan from that set, its in my set registry at the botton in my sig.

The only 2 cards of George Gervin that has his full nickname "Iceman" is these two as far as I know, so thats why I was wondering which one will enter my set once and for all. I have a submissin i'm getting ready for my set, and saw this card that I have been waiting for for some time now, the Inscriptions so wonder what everybody else would do.

Thanks again,

Giovanni
  • Options
    I like the design better on card #2......wish they took a better pic of it though....

Mark
    --------------------------------------------
    NFL HOF RC SET
  • Options
    I like #2 as well.
    My baseball and MMA articles-
    http://sportsfansnews.com/author/andy-fischer/

imagey
  • Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "One thing I could do is finger roll..."

I like #1.
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options

<< <i>I like the design better on card #2......wish they took a better pic of it though.... >>

Yeah, I like the design too, I like both designs, but I would probably go with card #1 only because I already have George Mikan like card #2 and i'm trying to get different cards for each player if thats possible.

I have pleanty of cards from the same set of different players, but i'm trying to stay away from that to make the set look better.

Giovanni
  • Options
    jimq112jimq112 Posts: 3,511 ✭✭✭
    If you're going to pick between 1 and 2 then I agree with #1.

Nice idea trying for different cards for every player. I like that. Has to make for an amazing display!
  • Options

<< <i>If you're going to pick between 1 and 2 then I agree with #1.

Nice idea trying for different cards for every player. I like that. Has to make for an amazing display! >>

Yeah man, tanks!

I took example from a guy on these boards, he diplayed about 50 Baseball HOF autos and they looked great! I belive they were all different.

I don't think its to eye appealing to see 2 or 3 or 4 cards from the same set, its kind of boring, I would think that all different would look great. Of course its not easy to do because most of these guys have cards in the same set, but I will try. Slowly but surely image

Giovanni
  • Options
    fujfuj Posts: 559 ✭✭✭
    I would vote for card #1 because the sig is much nicer. I like how the blue ink makes it stand out more and I like the quotes around Iceman.

If it were just about the card design, I think #2 is better but the sig overrides the design in my book.

Greg
  • Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭
    the 1st one because of his nickname
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Options

<< <i>the 1st one because of his nickname >>

They both have a nickname! image

Giovanni
  • Options

<< <i>I would vote for card #1 because the sig is much nicer. I like how the blue ink makes it stand out more and I like the quotes around Iceman.

If it were just about the card design, I think #2 is better but the sig overrides the design in my book.

Greg >>

Oh yeah, the auto on #1 is definetly better, but you just never know from those ebay pics. I bought a card one time that had about the same look as that one, but when it came it was 100% perfectly blue, couldn't be sharper.

I like both card designs, and yeah man, I just noticed that the inscriptions dosen't have those quotes, I thought they both had it! image

Giovanni
  • Options
    I like #1 better. I always prefer nice bright blue autos.
  • Options
    Card #1 is definitely more visually appealing to me.
  • Options

<< <i>Card #1 is definitely more visually appealing to me. >>

Thanks for your opinion guys, I really appreciate it!

Now I just gotta get off my lazy butt and send some cards in tommorow, because 31st is the deadline for the $12 special image

I hope I really get those cards out, and when I do get them back I will do a live video of the package and the grades image

Giovanni
  • Options
    kingraider75kingraider75 Posts: 1,500 ✭✭
    Running an Ebay store sure takes a lot more time than a person would think!