Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Is this a Chinese fake?

Follow me - Cards_and_Coins on Instagram

They call me "Pack the Ripper"

Comments

• Options
    johnsim03johnsim03 Posts: 992 ✭✭
    For whatever it is worth, the certificate number is correct...

Edited to add: I think the seller just has less than great images...

John
    John C. Knudsen, LM ANA 2342, LM CSNS 337
    SFC, US Army (Ret.) 1974-1994
  • Options
    ASUtoddASUtodd Posts: 1,312 ✭✭
    He has 741 positive feedbacks and has been a member since 99. I would say he is a legit seller and the coin looks legit to me. Of course I am a "newbie" at the world coins but it does look good to me.
    Todd
  • Options
    theboz11theboz11 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭
    He is a forum memberimage
  • Options
    TwoKopeikiTwoKopeiki Posts: 9,539 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>He is a forum memberimage >>

And a well-respected one, to boot image

I don't see anything wrong with the coin, other than the brown toning, which sometimes indicates toning by sulfur. Doubt it's the case here, though.
  • Options
    PreussenPreussen Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭
    OP - What would make you even suggest such a thing? This is my coin, and no, it is not a fake. - Preussen
    "Illegitimis non carborundum" -General Joseph Stilwell. See my auctions
  • Options
    dtkk49adtkk49a Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭
    OP - What would make you even suggest such a thing? This is my coin, and no, it is not a fake. - Preussen

This is one of the coins that the Chinese are cranking out by the bucketful. This whole Chinese thing has got me really nervous.

• Options

<< <i>OP - What would make you even suggest such a thing? This is my coin, and no, it is not a fake. - Preussen

This is one of the coins that the Chinese are cranking out by the bucketful. This whole Chinese thing has got me really nervous. >>

Well, you can relax, because you are blocked from bidding on my auctions image -Preussen
  • Options
    nothing to see here.
  • Options
    Thanks for making the decision for me.

• Options

<< <i>Thanks for making the decision for me. >>

You edited your post quite quickly, but I got the first draft. Here is the OP's reply before the edit:

<< <i>Oh no, I am going to committ suicide !! What a loser........

Now I know its a fake. >>

This is why such threads, when started by the clueless, can be harmful and destructive. Instead of being even slightly apologetic, he gets rude and insulting. Here is the real reason I blocked this person -

Toolhaus.org Scoop on dtkk49a

Which of us is the questionable one? -Preussen
  • Options
    UdoUdo Posts: 984 ✭✭
    << Oh no, I am going to committ suicide !! What a loser........

I too saw that post before it was edited.

@dtkk49a: You should learn how to tell real from fake or if you do not trust a reputable seller with a return policy, and you're worried about chines fakes, just stop buying coins and move on.
    imageimage
  • Options
    Thanks to everyone who stood up for me image . I appreciate it. -Preussen
  • Options
    worldcoinguyworldcoinguy Posts: 2,999 ✭✭✭✭
    Preussen - your tagline is quite appropriate.

Illegitimi non carborundum
  • Options
    Living proof Stoopyd people shouldn't breed..............image
    " I just checked in , Just to see what condition, My condition was in." Kenny Rogers and the 1st. Edition......
  • Options

<< <i>Preussen - your tagline is quite appropriate.

Illegitimi non carborundum >>

image -Preussen
  • Options
    MSD61MSD61 Posts: 3,382

<< <i>

<< <i>Thanks for making the decision for me. >>

You edited your post quite quickly, but I got the first draft. Here is the OP's reply before the edit:

<< <i>Oh no, I am going to committ suicide !! What a loser........

This is why such threads, when started by the clueless, can be harmful and destructive. Instead of being even slightly apologetic, he gets rude and insulting. Here is the real reason I blocked this person -

Toolhaus.org Scoop on dtkk49a

Which of us is the questionable one? -Preussen >>

Whoa ouch! Good going Preussen the hobby suffers enough as it is let alone a people like this.
  • Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,795 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was watching it and lost track of the time... It is a terrific looking coin and will make a great addition to any collection... too bad its not mine

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options

<< <i>Which of us is the questionable one? >>

So what does EBay think it's accomplishing by prohibiting negative feedback for buyers?
    Roy

• Options
    MSD61MSD61 Posts: 3,382

<< <i>

So what does EBay think it's accomplishing by prohibiting negative feedback for buyers? >>

Roy I think they can care less as long as they get their cut. I think it's so stupid to prohibit negative feedback. I mean what is the reason
    to even have a feedback system at all now if it's not going to be any help to buyers or sellers?
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

So what does EBay think it's accomplishing by prohibiting negative feedback for buyers? >>

Roy I think they can care less as long as they get their cut. I think it's so stupid to prohibit negative feedback. I mean what is the reason
    to even have a feedback system at all now if it's not going to be any help to buyers or sellers? >>

An excellent point...................Without negative feedback, How are we supposed to know the honest from the ripoff's.... Anything for a buck.......eBay should be ashamed...... Another reason i enjoy this forum's Weekly BST............Most of you i know and trust....
    " I just checked in , Just to see what condition, My condition was in." Kenny Rogers and the 1st. Edition......
  • Options
    ASUtoddASUtodd Posts: 1,312 ✭✭
    I love Presussen's coins and post here on the forums. I had no clue that was your ebay id. I have since added it as a favorite seller!!! I just want to say thank you for being a good forum and ebay member!
    Todd
  • Options
    Wow, rough crowd. And I thought my eBay rating was pretty good.
    Listen Guys, I honestly meant no ill will by my original post. For some reason, Preussen thought otherwise. I got very angry when he blocked me and lashed out with a post that I quickly updated, but not quick enough for Mr. Preussen. Important lesson on forum posting was learned here.

love Preussen's coins and posts here on the forums. I had no clue that was your ebay id. I have since added it as a favorite seller!!! I just want to say thank you for being a good forum and ebay member!

I have added him to my eBay favorites as well....image