Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

What do you do when you cant sleep?

4:39 am. I was dog tired all day. I went to bed at 10 pm on a Saturday during March Madness. I slept to 2:30 when I had to pee. Then DONE. Cant get back to sleep. I know I will dog tired tomorrow now. I reorganized my 68 set and pulled about 5 cards I want to upgrade, then I played an online game. Now Ill go try again.

What do you do?

PS. my kids will be up at 6:30 no matter how I slept, just compounding the problem.
"I put my pants on just like you... One leg at a time. The differences is when I put them on, I make gold records."

Comments

• zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭
    I'm up around this time everyday. It makes me go to bed early but on the weekends I crash out in front of the TV for an hour or so in the afternoons. Love my weekend naps.
  • metalmikemetalmike Posts: 2,152 ✭✭
    Last time I had to"pee' I took a piss instead. MY WIFE IS FAT
    USN 1977-1987 * ALL cards are commons unless auto'd. Buying Britneycards. NWO for life.
  • mmyncmmync Posts: 678
    Just snap one off!! Works every time!!!

• << <i>Last time I had to"pee' I took a piss instead. MY WIFE IS FAT >>

<< <i>Just snap one off!! Works every time!!! >>

• Bottom9thBottom9th Posts: 2,695 ✭✭

<< <i>Just snap one off!! Works every time!!! >>

• Yep, pull the goalie for a while and you'll sleep like a baby.
    There's a hole in my head where the rain comes in.
  • My sister in Law takes some stuff called Ambian , one time she took two pills sinstead of the prescibed amount {1}

In about 30 minutes her eyes were almost shut and she could barely talk , let alone stand {As we were on our way to breakfast}

Her son had to take her home because she was falling asleep at the table , so I guess that stuff works , I wouldn't suggest doubling up as she did though .

She has just been diagnosed with Breast cancer and cancer of the Lymph nodes under her arm so she lays awake worrying and I guess that is why they prescribed that for her .

• julen23julen23 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭
    i believe there is a psa chat room?

perhaps you could find cyber-companionship that would last more than 1 round w/ stroking your muskrat?

j
    RIP GURU
  • nightcrawlernightcrawler Posts: 5,110 ✭✭
    I smoke lotsa dope, sleeping is never a problem.

• I take ambien every night. works better than anything in the world.
    "If someone tells you that money is the root of all evil. They don't have any"
  • jrinckjrinck Posts: 1,321 ✭✭
    This has worked for me for over twenty years....

So you're laying there wired awake. You feel tired, but you just know you aren't going to fall asleep. You twist, you turn, you worry--the anxiety just makes you more wired and frustrated. Tomorrow is going to suck. You turn the TV on--nothing--that isn't helping. But then you figure that, HEY, if you're just laying there doing nothing, then that's KIND OF like sleeping. You're resting, at least, and that has to count for SOMETHING, right? Even if you stay up all night, your body has rested.

Everytime I remind myself of this, I'm usually asleep in no time.
  • elsnortoelsnorto Posts: 2,013
    Alas, I suffer through it for the most part. If it carries on for a few days and starts to really take a toll on me, I will take a couple of Vicodin which always does the trick for me. I always have trouble getting enough quality sleep when traveling for a myriad of reasons and that is when I usually need a little medicinal assistance. I miss being young and being able to get by with 4 or 5 hours of sleep a night.

Snorto~
  • When I can't sleep, I think about the 10 cards that I must have that are ending soon, and think about how they will look good in my collection image

Giovanni
  • EagleEyeKidEagleEyeKid Posts: 4,496 ✭✭
    I take a Xanax. I have Generalized Anxiety Disorder....it sucks!
  • Both my father and grandfather tried Ambien, it DEFINITELY didn't work for them. We found my grandfather in the nude on the back porch, yelling at the horses in the field below our house, and my father took it while in the hospital during his cancer treatments. They found him in the parking lot, with his IV pole wandering in circles in the rain. In fact, my grandfather's doctor at the VA hospital said that anyone with combat training should never take Ambien.

If I have a night where I can't sleep, I'll get out of bed and go sit in my easy chair. I've found that staying in bed keeps me worried about why I'm not falling asleep, and then I think myself awake. If I get out of bed and go to another part of the house, I'll be drowsy or asleep in a matter of minutes, especially if I put the History channel on. I love the HC, but their monotone narrators would put coffee to sleep.
    2001-2014 Topps Heritage complete!
  • I volunteered at Relay for Life yesterday. It's an all day/night event where people raise money for the American Cancer Society. It started at 2 yesterday afternoon, I got there around 3:30 and it did not end until 7 AM this morning. Me and a group of about 20 other people did not sleep a wink last night, walking, doing contests, talking, playing video games and watchign movies to keep us awake. I got home around 8 AM after cleaning up, showered, went to bed and woke up around 1 to watch UF play LSU in baseball. After that I took a nap and just woke up so I'll be able to watch the Braves game. I'll have NO trouble sleeping tonight what so ever.

Normally I am a night owl and don't go to bed until about midnight during week days. My dad is this way as well so to go to sleep we just go watch the big screen and eventually pass out...works everytime.

By the way, the even that I worked at yesterday brought in $51,000 to benefit the American Cancer Society, surpassing last years total of $41,000.image
  • Well, tonight i'm probably gona have nightmares because Monday is the last day for the $12 PSA special and I still haven't gotten the cards ready.

I hope I get a few cards together today or tonight, lol, so I can send them out Monday image

Giovanni
  • Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe ya got to do something that DOESN'T make ya think.

So playing games, working on cards may not be the best thing.

I put on a black and white old movie - my favorite is a Sherlock Holmes movie from the 40s - e.g. Pursuit to Algiers - it's so ass numbingly boring that I'm usually asleep before Basil Rathbone has a chance to get on the ship to Algiers!

mike
    Mike

• << <i>I believe ya got to do something that DOESN'T make ya think.

I put on a black and white old movie - my favorite is a Sherlock Holmes movie from the 40s - e.g. Pursuit to Algiers - it's so ass numbingly boring that I'm usually asleep before Basil Rathbone has a chance to get on the ship to Algiers!

mike >>

Basil Rathbone was the man! You bess recognize!

• << <i>

<< <i>I believe ya got to do something that DOESN'T make ya think.

mike >>

Basil Rathbone was the man! You bess recognize! >>

True dat!
    2001-2014 Topps Heritage complete!
  • I take a Xanax. I have Generalized Anxiety Disorder....it sucks!

I have this too ... Xanax is very helpful!
  • Thanks for all the advice people. I think I have it. Based on everyones 2 cents, I now have 14 cents which reads like, watch an old black and white movie while rubbing one out, just after you take two instead of one Xanax and whatever you do don't sort cards or stand naked on the back porch yelling at horses. Got it, thanks.

I think Ill try the Xanax tonight, I can related with anxiety issues and yes it does suck.
    "I put my pants on just like you... One leg at a time. The differences is when I put them on, I make gold records."
  • Do what I do, log into tryteens, thats a Basketball site isen't it? image

Giovanni
  • nearmintnearmint Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭
    I balance my paypal account. I know, it's weird, but somehow I'm in the frame of mind for it when I'm awake in the middle of the night. After a little of that I can sleep again.
  • mmyncmmync Posts: 678
    Benadryl, Nyquil, or Tylenol PM works for some people.
  • a nice cup of decaf tea.
    then i play some Spades on the zone.com image
  • kingraider75kingraider75 Posts: 1,500 ✭✭
    Watch PBS
    Running an Ebay store sure takes a lot more time than a person would think!
  • I read comments on baseball cards that are written by "old" guys, browse the bay for late night steals and jam out to Bobby Marley and other Reggae or Jack Johnson type music in hopes of falling asleep in my comfy chair that's in front of the computer.

Not working yet and school starts in about 6 hours. image
  • AUPTAUPT Posts: 806 ✭✭✭
    Count backwards from 400, by 3s.
  • elsnortoelsnorto Posts: 2,013
    By the way... 4 hours of sleep for me last night, if that. A pox on your house, Mr. Easydoesit, a pox I say!

Snorto~
  • Steely Dan and a nice cup of Earl Grayer.