Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Several cards in one scan on ebay

I have recently been scanning several cards, say nine, in one pic for Ebay. I then list each of the 9 cards separately. Does anyone think this hurts me? I am doing this mainly with modern inserts, not condition sensitive vintage.
Running an Ebay store sure takes a lot more time than a person would think!

Comments

• Options
    storm888storm888 Posts: 11,701 ✭✭✭
    "Does anyone think this hurts me?"

/////////////////////////////////////

Probably hurts.

You could experiment with some single scans. If sales increase substantially,
    then you will know.
    Folks Who Bite Get Bitten. Folks Who Don't Bite Get Eaten.
  • Options
    Lots of people don't find anything wrong with it. I though, do think it hurts you A LITTLE. Only because of impatient people like me who browse over your gallery photo and refuse to even read the listing because you have so much crap in the picture. I would spend all day looking through ebay if it wasn't for one card gallery scans. I can't possibly read each listing so I use the gallery to quickly browse for stuff my searches may have missed. If I can't see a clear pic I move on. But I've seen other posts like this and most said they have no problem with it.
  • Options
    fattymacsfattymacs Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭
    Unless it's a card on my top 3 must-haves at the time I don't even look at those auctions. For your sake, I hope I'm in the very small percentage.
  • Options
    I pretty much skip over small, multi pic auctions too. I like to see what I'm buying.
    3000 Hit CLub signed ball - 8/19 Living Members

Successful Deals: tennesseebanker, jvette,
  • Options
    dontippetdontippet Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭✭
    If it's modern stuff, I think a lot of people won't even know which card it is that you are selling in that particular auction.
    > [Click on this link to see my ebay listings.](https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=&_in_kw=1&_ex_kw=&_sacat=0&_udlo=&_udhi=&_ftrt=901&_ftrv=1&_sabdlo=&_sabdhi=&_samilow=&_samihi=&_sadis=15&_stpos=61611&_sargn=-1&saslc=1&_salic=1&_fss=1&_fsradio=&LH_SpecificSeller=1&_saslop=1&_sasl=mygirlsthree3&_sop=12&_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_fosrp=1)
    >

Successful transactions on the BST boards with rtimmer, coincoins, gerard, tincup, tjm965, MMR, mission16, dirtygoldman, AUandAG, deadmunny, thedutymon, leadoff4, Kid4HOF03, BRI2327, colebear, mcholke, rpcolettrane, rockdjrw, publius, quik, kalinefan, Allen, JackWESQ, CON40, Griffeyfan2430, blue227, Tiggs2012, ndleo, CDsNuts, ve3rules, doh, MurphDawg, tennessebanker, and gene1978.
  • Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    For every one who skips over it, there is probably one who sees something else they are interested in. Crapshoot.
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    ajwajw Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    As long as you have really nice, large scans, it's not a problem. If do this, you should try to group your cards together, so you have the same player, set, team or whatever in each scan. You might get some cross-over bids that way.
  • Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,938 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not a problem for me if you have good quality scans. It can save me time as I can see the quality of each card and if I am not interested in some of them I can skip that auction.
    Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options
    As a seller i only take a picture of the card listed. As a buyer it does not bother me much. I do not particularly care for it, because I like to be able to see if the card is lableled MC, OC etc. in the gallary picture. As we all know, not every seller mentions that in the description. If it has a qualifier, I can pass the listing up without clicking on it. Listings with group photos force me to click on the details before I can dismiss it out right, because I can not see the card very well in the gallery pic. It is a bit of a pain, but it never stops me from bidding if it is an item I want. So it does not hurt you, if other buyers are like me.
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't like the practice.

If done - I think keeping it to 4 max is a good idea.

mike

Mike
  • Options
    AllenAllen Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭
    I do this on cheap modern cards in my store. I mention in the auction that it is the 2nd card in the third row or something. I still sell the cards so it does not seem to be a problem. I did have a guy buy a Tom Brady Fleer rookie that was pitured with 5 other Bradys. The biggest font in the listing states "You are bidding ONLY on the card listed in this auction. The other cards are available in other listings." I also state it is the 3rd card in the second row in case someone did not know which card it was. Then I get a neutral feedback "ONLY ONE CARD?"

That was the only problem I have had out of many listings like this.
  • Options

<< <i>I have recently been scanning several cards, say nine, in one pic for Ebay. I then list each of the 9 cards separately. Does anyone think this hurts me? I am doing this mainly with modern inserts, not condition sensitive vintage. >>

In my case, when I am buying, yes it does
    When I am searching for cards and I see that, I skip completely over them. Same goes for peoples bucket. Scans are usually crappy and it shows me that the seller is too lazy to properly show off his cards individually. Most times they do not supersize the photos, so you have a hard time seeing what the card looks like. This is one of my pet peeves. Gives me an indication of what else to expect on the sale.
  • Options
    kingraider75kingraider75 Posts: 1,500 ✭✭
    Thanks for the feedback, sounds as if most people don't like my trick. I was trying to save time to get a lot of modern inserts listed in time for the 1cent listing day. However, if everyone hates the practice, then I guess it's not worth it. I have done it once before, here's a link to a ebay store auction I am running with a 9 card scan:

linkey
  • Options

<< <i>Thanks for the feedback, sounds as if most people don't like my trick. I was trying to save time to get a lot of modern inserts listed in time for the 1cent listing day. However, if everyone hates the practice, then I guess it's not worth it. I have done it once before, here's a link to a ebay store auction I am running with a 9 card scan:

linkey >>

Well, that is not what you originally posted up.
    If you are going to sell a "Lot" of cards, then there is no problem putting them together as you did.
    It's when a seller has a "SINGLE" card for sale in the auction, but lumps it into a scan of 9 cards that I have a problem with.
    Your auction for the 9 cards as a lot is totally acceptable.
    Your original post led me to believe that they were all seperate auctions, but with one pic.
  • Options
    I love when I find auctions with gang scans image They always sell for cheaper, so i'll be on the hunt for your auctions! image Just kidding.

If I were you, I would do one scan at a time. You know, to save time you can scan about 6 cards, then just make 6 copies of that scan and cut them it to each card, it saves you time. Thats how I did my cards that I have in my psa set registry. Actualy with those I did 4 at a time, then I cut them down for each card and it worked.

Good Luck!

Giovanni
  • Options
    Sorry, the "linkey" example was misleading. I was thinking of doing the same thing for one card, have a scan of 9 cards, but list each in their own auction.

I did some scanning, so I will go ahead and list those. But from here on out, it's one scan at a time. My computer is relatively fast and new, but it still takes longer. Over the course of trying to list over 1,000 cards, I figured it would save me hours. However, I cannot afford to lose substantial money over it.
  • Options
    jimq112jimq112 Posts: 3,511 ✭✭✭
    I don't see all that well, so for me if I see an auction with 4 cards in a low resolution scan I click the back button. There's a set lot of cards on ebay now that I would buy (it's a buy it now of over $700) but I asked the seller for scans and he never responded. He PMed me and told me it was listed on ebay.

If I can't see it I'm not buying it.

4sc uses 4 card pictures but with high resolution and you can supersize the pics. That works fine. But a cell phone picture with 6 cards in it isn't going to get my business.

When you're selling cheap cards it probably doesn't hurt you, with nice vintage cards take the extra time.
  • Options
    I skip auctions with multiple cards in the picture.
  • Options
    Well I guess some of the 70 cards I am going to list tonight will be skipped, however I feel the need to just get them listed for 1cent. I shall see if any of the 70 sell.
  • Options
    SidePocketSidePocket Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭
    I do find that matching the year/grade in a multiple pic listing might get me interested in something I wasn't looking for, but make sure it's a good scan!

"Molon Labe"

• Options
    I have found a way to scan 4 cards during one scan. Before my scanner would group them all into one picture, but four small pics of the cards. Maybe it had something to do with me placing the cards too close, even though they were not touching. This new "trick" always me to be more efficient with my time. Scanning one card at a time, is labor intensive and was costing me way too much time. Time is money, even when scanning cards for ebay. With any luck, I be able to push over the 500 items listed mark on ebay!!

Anyone know how many listings are allowed in the "basic" Ebay store??
  • Options
    storm888storm888 Posts: 11,701 ✭✭✭
    "Anyone know how many listings are allowed in the "basic" Ebay store?? "

////////////////////////////////////////////////

1-Billion
    Folks Who Bite Get Bitten. Folks Who Don't Bite Get Eaten.
  • Options

<< <i>"Anyone know how many listings are allowed in the "basic" Ebay store?? "

////////////////////////////////////////////////

1-Billion >>

I believe you can have an unlimited amount of listings in an ebay store. A couple of years ago I had 1800 items in mine.
  • Options
    Many common store items I don't even add a pic. Most of my store items though are less than 3.00