Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

1996-W Roosie dime PCGS MS69 SOLD at $839.99!!

StoogeStooge Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
Here is the link!

Happy bidding!

Later, Paul.

Later, Paul.

Comments

• Options
    RBinTexRBinTex Posts: 4,328
  • Options
    Dan50Dan50 Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭
    Bid now $560.00 image
    Dan
  • Options
    onlyroosiesonlyroosies Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭✭
    Who keeps out bidding me....image
  • Options
    Don't know, but it's $631.00 now.
    Dan
  • Options
    Who's the seller? (moviemen) What's the reserve? ($800) What's the return policy? (apparently none???)

What do 68FB's go for ($200 or so?)? Isn't a 68FB worth one more point than a 69 non-FB in the registry? Who is hillbilly1999? (moviemen) Isn't the bidding activity a bit strange? (high bidder's only bid in last 30 days is this item) Dallas?
  • Options
    To answer the above questions as to identity, I believe it's Movieman who posted a message on March 21 saying he was going to list the coin.

• Options
    yes.. Movieman's coin ..MS69, graded before the FB thingie, and in an old green holder.
    Dan
  • Options
    Hi..
    Dan
  • Options
    $727.17 and a week to go.
    Dan
  • Options
    Over $800 and the reserve has been met.
  • Options
    The Reserve was set at $799.99.

Best Wishes To The High Bidder.

• Options
    Who's the high bidder? Only bid on this item in last 30 days? image
  • Options
    Countrygal72 is the winner.

Ironically she has not won a single coin of any kind in the last 90 days, and wins possibly an historical green labeled MS69 Roosie. image

IMHO, this is very strange indeed.

Later, Paul.

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,709 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So a high bidder was buying a 5 Watt Folding Solar Charger as well as assorted charms and then moves into green holder 96W MS69 dimes - calling Paul Song at Superior - send this high bidder a JHF catalog. LOL.

Wondercoin
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options

<< <i>So a high bidder was buying a 5 Watt Folding Solar Charger as well as assorted charms and then moves into green holder 96W MS69 dimes - calling Paul Song at Superior - send this high bidder a JHF catalog. LOL.

Wondercoin >>

Mitch...very funny bro!

I can only hope that this girl is a "Girlfriend" of a collector and is buying this coin for someone anonymously. Otherwise she has one excellent start to a serious dime collection.

Later, Paul.

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    The high bidder had 3 top bids stacked on top each other. Clearly a novice as to the bidding
    process. Something just didn't feel right to me. I was so tempted to keep on bidding the minimum
    until I was just under her top bid. I had no intentions of winning the coin but I also didn't want
    to be an a$$ and inflate the perceived value of the coin. It wouldn't surprise me if the coin shows
    up on Teletrade in the near future, besides, Teletrade is a better venue then e-bay for that coin.
    JMHO
  • Options
    Not sure that Teletrade will be any different.
    We all know about the funky bidding that goes on there.
    Dan
  • Options
    But at TT I could send the coin back if I didn't like it. I probably would have bid as
    high as $1000 for it at TT. Didn't want to risk not being able to return the coin
    from the ebay auction.
  • Options
    I would have loved to have bought this coin, but also would have wanted a return priviledge. Also, I want to save my money for some even better dimes coming up for sale.
  • Options

<< <i>Also, I want to save my money for some even better dimes coming up for sale. >>

This is the dime you save your money for. The reason I didn't buy it was because the owner said it probably does not have FB and like Nick and Dan said, we were not sure of the return priviledge.

The coin easily should have gone for over $1,000.

Later, Paul.

Later, Paul.