Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

1981 Fleer Baseball

Because of this set being so unpopular, there isn't very much info out there regarding the actual rarity of some of the error cards. I've searched eBay, vcp, and the pop report, but there are so few cards from this set being graded or sold sold on eBay, that it's hard to be able to tell if some of the different error cards are scarce, the cards from the set are hard to find in mint condition, or if it's that the cards are so common in mint condition, nobody even bothers getting them graded. I feel that I may have some pretty nice examples of most all of them and just wanted to get an idea of which ones may be worth grading.

Comments

• Options
    What was up with the fingers?
    #10 PSA Set for Topps Baseball currently on eBay under seller deeppurple1.
  • Options
    yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭
    I bought a complete error set recently...has all of the finger cards. Its just a print defect from the factory that looks like a pointing finger.
  • Options
    mmyncmmync Posts: 678
    So are there any of the cards in the set really scarce or no? If so, fell free to share a couple.
  • Options
    NickMNickM Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭
    IMO none of the error cards are extremely tough. Nothing is like the '82 Littlefield reverse negative as far as being a low percentage of the press run. I would guess that there's nothing at less than circa 20% of the total press run.

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.
  • Options
    Wasn't the Craig Graig Nettles error in demand for a while? It may have been only a short while.
    #10 PSA Set for Topps Baseball currently on eBay under seller deeppurple1.
  • Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭
    Any collection manager worth his salt should have no trouble answering this question. I recommend you start searching for a new one.
  • Options
    As usual Nick is right on, the 81 Fleer errors were once claimed to be scarce , and they are not half the print run but are not hard to find and could be had for $1 or less for most. The 82 Littlefield is actually much more challenging to find. 81's are still available in large quantity unopened So this supply will not end soon.
    Fuzz
    Wanted: Bell Brands FB and BB, Chiefs regionals especially those ugly milk cards, Coke caps, Topps and Fleer inserts and test issues from the 60's. 1981 FB Rack pack w/ Jan Stenerud on top.
  • Options
    WeekendHackerWeekendHacker Posts: 1,444 ✭✭
    If I have these, they can't possibly be that rare. As mentioned, the littlefield and probably the Frank Thomas NNOF (1991) I believe, are the rarest.