Home› U.S. Coin Forum
Options

1858 flying eagle. Post mint damage or filled die?

Saw this and had to pick it up. The date is stronger than it appears in the pics but there is no sign of ONE on the reverse.


imageimage
If I was half as smart as I am dumb Iwould be a genious

Comments

  • Options
    savoyspecialsavoyspecial Posts: 7,374 ✭✭✭✭
    common problem for the series.....it was part of the reason for the short lived run of flyers (3 years)

    greg

    www.brunkauctions.com

  • Options
    mcmximcmxi Posts: 890 ✭
    Thanks I hadn't really seen one before. I don't mess with the seriese at all.
    If I was half as smart as I am dumb Iwould be a genious
  • Options
    Cool coin!

    Reverse looks kinda empty though.
  • This content has been removed.
  • Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 25,053 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's just a half cent now.
    bob
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    RayboRaybo Posts: 5,363 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fill in the blank..............you can make it what you want!
    Half cent? One cent?
    Hows about a two cent piece?

    I like it!!!

    Ray
  • Options
    mcmximcmxi Posts: 890 ✭


    << <i>Very interesting to view, never knew it could happen, strange but true, cool. >>



    Realone what do you mean by you never knew it could happen? I know we kinda got sideways in another htread but I do value your opinion.
    If I was half as smart as I am dumb Iwould be a genious

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file