Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

In the spirit of Coin Uno... The Dating Game!

Comments

• Options
    MesquiteMesquite Posts: 4,075 ✭✭✭
    I think '75 and '76 are covered. Here is a '74.

There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by the sword. The other is by debt.
    –John Adams, 1826
  • Options
    MesquiteMesquite Posts: 4,075 ✭✭✭
    There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by the sword. The other is by debt.
    –John Adams, 1826
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,400 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Somehow we skipped 1975. I know some of those Bicentennial Ikes were probably made in '75, but we need a coin with a 1975 date on it.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    sparky64sparky64 Posts: 7,031 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Somehow we skipped 1975. I know some of those Bicentennial Ikes were probably made in '75, but we need a coin with a 1975 date on it. >>

Upon further review lordmarcovan is correct and will not be charged a timeout.
    Please reset the play clock to 1975.

"If I say something in the woods and my wife isn't there to hear it.....am I still wrong?"

My Washington Quarter Registry set...in progress

• Options
    eck! I am sitting here half asleep under orders to post my wife's 71 proof set.. hurry up guys before I dig in my pocket to get us there image

"I am sorry you are unhappy with the care you recieved, is their anything I can do for you right now, how about some high speed lead therapy?" - A qoute from my wife's nursing forum

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." – Thomas Jefferson
  • Options
    SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We could reserve your spot for you.
    Just an idea.

The entertainment can never be overdressed....except in burlesque

• Options
    DieClashDieClash Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭
    Crap! I have no 1975 dated images to post. Someone else help fill the vacance please!
    "Please help us keep these boards professional and informative…. And fun." - DW
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    BONGO HURTLES ALONG THE RAIN SODDEN HIGHWAY OF LIFE ON UNDERINFLATED BALD RETREAD TIRES
  • Options
    MrSpudMrSpud Posts: 4,498 ✭✭✭
  • Options
  • Options
    Hey Colquhoun where's that 1971 Proof set?
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    BONGO HURTLES ALONG THE RAIN SODDEN HIGHWAY OF LIFE ON UNDERINFLATED BALD RETREAD TIRES
  • Options
    Wfie's 71 Proof set.. I can't figure out how to shoot the half right, always end up with a bad reflection, unless I shoot at an angle (going to have to send it to Direwolf someday). It has the prettiest Deep Cameo Obv you can imagine.. just don't look at the back or it will break your heart.

"I am sorry you are unhappy with the care you recieved, is their anything I can do for you right now, how about some high speed lead therapy?" - A qoute from my wife's nursing forum

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." – Thomas Jefferson
  • Options
    1969 image
  • Options
    Oops!
  • Options
    Hey, MrSpud- c'mon, man, no melted coins! image

I guess that's OK if Salvador Dali melted them, though. It looks like it was just a Kennedy half- no great loss there. image

(I went to the Dali museum in St. Pete, FL, and it was pretty interesting. That "melting clocks" picture must be in one of the bigger museums, though.)

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    Oh, no melted coins? Sorry, here's another non-melted 69 image
  • Options
    Just kidding, here's a real 69 image

• Options
    Man! I see things have been picking up since I left! (which is often the case)image Glad to see that my idea is taking off....lots of cool ideas for names, too!
    I should have a poll, but the game might ber over before we decide on a name....I'll just go with MrSpuds' - Dating Game -, OK?

Oh, and thanks the great coin pics so far, I think it'll get a lot more interesting soon (with the fifties coming up).

-William

• Options
    Oh, I REALLY should have a 1968... my birth year. I have a proof Lincoln that is sweet, but no pics.image

• Options
    I'm in the same boat. We've gotta get back into the 50s at least (preferably earlier) before I start finding stuff I actually have pictures of.

But there's the beauty of this thread. The moderns get their play first, then the classics come in, then the 19th century, then the early mint issues, the colonials, and then...

It's all DARKSIDE, baby. image

• Options
    ambro51ambro51 Posts: 13,703 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My KID whitman book to the rescue. Quite a find back in the day, here on the east coast anyway,
    imageimage
  • Options
  • Options
    rgCoinGuyrgCoinGuy Posts: 7,478
    imageQuid pro quo. Yes or no?
  • Options
  • Options
    Accented Hair (Awaiting results from PCGS image )

• Options
    richardshipprichardshipp Posts: 5,647 ✭✭✭
  • Options
  • Options

• Options
    lcoopielcoopie Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭✭✭
    this is an action packed game for a message board
    I missed 1964 image
    LCoopie = Les
  • Options
    ambro51ambro51 Posts: 13,703 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...through Franklin, We began to understand and use electricity.

think about how important that was....
  • Options

• Options
    RYKRYK Posts: 35,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    At this rate, it is going to be a couple of days before I have anything to contribute. image
  • Options
    SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,905 ✭✭✭✭✭

The entertainment can never be overdressed....except in burlesque

• Options
    CheddyCheddy Posts: 411 ✭✭

(not mine)
  • Options
  • Options
    DJCoinzDJCoinz Posts: 3,856
    aka Dan
  • Options
    Time to go watch 43 cars make 1000 left handed turns image

This is the coin I am most proud of so far for "making." It has also gone up 125 bucks since I submitted it last year on the price guide too woo hoo!

• Options
    lcoopielcoopie Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭✭✭

LCoopie = Les
  • Options
  • Options
    MFHMFH Posts: 11,720 ✭✭✭✭
    Mike Hayes
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Coin collecting is not a hobby, it's an obsession !

New Barber Purchases
  • Options

• Options
  • Options
    Great coins, thanks guys!

I should have done a brief commentary at the decade intervals, mentioning the Presidents and a couple of interesting facts on that decade. Too late nowimage

I'll do the 1940s quickly:
    Key Events:
    WWII

Presidents:
    FDR
    Harry Truman

Interesting points:
    Beginning of the nuclear age
    Baseball heroes, including Ted Williams, Joe DiMaggio, and Jackie Robinson

Please feel free to add to this, I just wanted to add a few historical notes to this thread.

Edited to add: Now that I think about it, I'd have to be up at all hours to complete this daunting task, so I'll just leave it to convenience or the helpful efforts of anyone interested image
  • Options
    fcfc Posts: 12,789 ✭✭✭
    i am wondering if there is any date that this board could possibly
    get stuck on?

something makes me think that is highly doubtful!
  • Options
    savoyspecialsavoyspecial Posts: 7,272 ✭✭✭✭

greg

www.brunkauctions.com

• Options
    garsmithgarsmith Posts: 5,894 ✭✭
    imageimageimage
    imageimageimage

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights