Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Canadian NEWP

1876 Specimen cent without the H. This was actually a pattern for the new 1876 design. About 7 pieces extant. Not the most beautiful coin in the world, but exceedingly rare.

image...image
Numismatic author & owner of the Uncommon Cents collections. 2011 Fred Bowman award winner, 2020 J. Douglas Ferguson award winner, & 2022 Paul Fiocca award winner.

http://www.victoriancent.com

Comments

• Options
    farthingfarthing Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭
    I agree with theboz image
    R.I.P. Wayne, Brad
    Collecting:
    Conder tokens
    19th & 20th Century coins from Great Britain and the Realm
  • Options
    1960NYGiants1960NYGiants Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭✭
    Very nice indeed!
    Gene

Life member #369 of the Royal Canadian Numismatic Association
    Member of Canadian Association of Token Collectors

Collector of:
    Canadian coins and pre-confederation tokens
    Darkside proof/mint sets dated 1960
    My Ebay
  • Options
    ormandhormandh Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure i have that one....... I've got a load of Canadian cent's in my safe. I'll have to get into it this weekend to finish doing an inventory so i will look for it and pull it and post a scan. I alway's catch myself looking for the "H" mintmark.... From what i have glanced thru it seem's it's that mintmark that is the most desirable. Just out of curiousity what is a ballpark figure for the 1876? I'm fixing to have to cut loose with some of my collection, My safe is packed so full i can fit anything else.
    " I just checked in , Just to see what condition, My condition was in." Kenny Rogers and the 1st. Edition......
  • Options
    bosoxbosox Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭✭
    Book value on the 1876 "no H" specimen is about $7,000. I got it for a little less than that.
    Numismatic author & owner of the Uncommon Cents collections. 2011 Fred Bowman award winner, 2020 J. Douglas Ferguson award winner, & 2022 Paul Fiocca award winner.

http://www.victoriancent.com
  • Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    nice... congrats

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.