Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

How does this look on your screen ?

On my screen the baseball looks bleached , the signatures look so much lighter than what they really are , the baseball it's self looks lighter or is that just on my computer screen ?

I am no photographer by a long shot , but does it look like too much light was used and does anyone know if I can have that changed , also if I ask for a change and that I don't like the way it looks , could there be any risk ?

Or am I just buggin ?
32 Yankees T/S Baseball

Comments

• Options
    Here is a closeup I took a few months ago , under natural light outside .
  • Options
    samspopsamspop Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭
    That certainly is a beaut...!!
  • Options
    BunchOBullBunchOBull Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭
    did you see the shade slide under the picture?
    Collector of most things Frank Thomas. www.BigHurtHOF.com
  • Options
    JeremyDie1JeremyDie1 Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭
    Not sure. The picture you took a few months ago makes it look lighter. Either way. Awesome ball!!
  • Options
    Do you have that option , I don't have it on my screen , but others I have seen that are actually on the block do have that option , maybe that option will come as soon as it actually comes up April 14th ?
  • Options
    yes sir, I slid the slide to shade it and it looks a lot more vivid
  • Options
  • Options
    OK, that's cool then !

For some reason I do not have that option , but I did have to delte almost my whole computer because of a problem I was having and wiped my drive clean , so maybe it deleted my flash ?

I do see it asking me to download flash again .

For a second I bugged out , but as long as you guys do have the option to see it , that's fine with me .

Whew ! for the record , the sigs are a lot darker , but the ball also is a little darker than what is pictured .
  • Options
    Thank you Mr BunchO Bull , I just downloaded that adobe flash player and it's there now .

It was always there before and that must have been what it was, when I deleted , I deleted my flash player as well .

• Options
    Glad it worked out for ya
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    looks good to me.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    Yea, thanks man , for a second I was questioning if that was even mine , there are certain markings on that ball that I do not see until I move that slider .

I guess they photograph it in that type of light to use that option and I did look for it and was wondering why I did not have it .

When the action officially starts , I am going to have a contest on who can get the closest to the final price , Not including B/P so keep an eye open
  • Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,551 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Usually auction houses give an estimate of what the auction may/should close near on the listing page. I didnt see one for your ball. Did they give you an idea of what they realistically hoped it would bring?
  • Options
    Good luck on the auction! Its a great item!!

Mark
    --------------------------------------------
    NFL HOF RC SET
  • Options
    Yea, Nick , that won't pop up until it starts April 14th I guess .

I did ask them what they thought it would bring and they told me
    "it could go anywhere , we have nothing to compare it to "

I have never seen a team signed baseball go over 78 K though , for what it's worth . . that was for a 1927 Yankees team signed , but mine is in way better condition , but it's is not a 27 , so we will see .

I am hoping to get what I need that is 50 K
  • Options
    zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Yea, thanks man , for a second I was questioning if that was even mine , there are certain markings on that ball that I do not see until I move that slider .

I guess they photograph it in that type of light to use that option and I did look for it and was wondering why I did not have it .

When the action officially starts , I am going to have a contest on who can get the closest to the final price , Not including B/P so keep an eye open >>

cool so we can win the ball?

• Options
    cool so we can win the ball?
    If you bid on it and bid lke there is no tomorrow .

I actually want to do a cash prize if that is allowed , I want to do a 1st second and 3rd prize thing .

Rather people get what they want or get help getting what they want rather than stuff I have .

• Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    wow 50k !! Good luck!

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options

<< <i>cool so we can win the ball?
    If you bid on it and bid lke there is no tomorrow .

I actually want to do a cash prize if that is allowed , I want to do a 1st second and 3rd prize thing .

Rather people get what they want or get help getting what they want rather than stuff I have . >>

will first place prize be large enough to buy the ball?
  • Options
    Ummmm, probably not , but I am allowed to do that right ?
    C/U would not have a problem with that ?
  • Options
    I won 7 bucks on the metal detecting forum once, so I'd guess yes.
  • Options
    Excellent !

I wouldn't see why it would be a problem but just figured I'd ask .

They have had the baseball in Texas since Feb and actually letting it out of my hands was ridiculously rough , they did want me to mail it to them , that was out of the question , I only wanted to meet in person.

Same when I had it authenticated , I would not put it in the mail , no matter what kind of insurance was on it .

• Options
    maybe if i sign up for 2 more accounts and win 1st, 2nd and 3rd place it might be enough to buy the ball?

just wondering
  • Options
    EagleEyeKidEagleEyeKid Posts: 4,496 ✭✭
    TNT, I never get tired of looking at that Ruth ball.
    It is an amazing piece. So once it leaves your possession (sold),
    are you still keeping the avatar?
  • Options
    I have thought about that Mr. Eagle eye, I guess I will give up the avatar as well image because it will then belong to someone else and they might not like me using a pic of their baseball .
  • Options
    BuccaneerBuccaneer Posts: 1,794 ✭✭
    I have always wondered what it would be like to sell a collectable and get a check for mid-5 figures. Good luck!
  • Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,551 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>....I guess I will give up the avatar as well......... >>

Weren't you a car at one time?
  • Options
    You have a great memory Nick !

Yes I was , before I figured out I could load my own pic , then I was like YES !!

I believe I was using a Camaro , similar to one I used to own .

: Edited to Add : Thank you all for the well wishes and Good luck wishes , I really appreciate them .