Home Sports Talk
Options

Detroit Tigers add a few hundred more seats to Comerica Park

DETROIT — The Detroit Tigers have added extra seats to Comerica Park ahead of opening day, raising capacity to 41,782.

The 778 new seats have been installed on risers along the main concourse behind existing seating sections and in newly created auxiliary sections in right field.

The seats will cost between $12 and $25 each and be available for all home games. But it’s too late to get one for Monday’s game against the Kansas City Royals. They’ve already been sold.

Tigers president Dave Dombrowski said Thursday the team has been looking to increase seating capacity without affecting the ballpark’s aesthetics.

The Tigers moved to Comerica Park in 2000.

Comments

• Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    those are some dang good prices! I don't think you can get seats that cheap at Fenway. image
  • Options

<< <i>those are some dang good prices! I don't think you can get seats that cheap at Fenway. image >>

I met a guy at the Ted Williams dinner who has season tickets to the Red Sox. He sits back in the right field corner which he says is perfect because you look straight ahead and see the whole field. The face value that he pays per game.....$25 a seat!!!