Home Stamps Forum
Options

Best Philatelic Message Board...

RunnersDadRunnersDad Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭
What in your opinion is the best message board related to stamp and xmas seal collecting. I attempted google searches using both Stamp Collecting and Philatelic and came up pretty empty...any suggestions?.....

Reason being...I came into a large collection of American Lung Association xmas seals. I am fairly knowledgable regarding the seals themselves and have assembled a very nice private collection...but I am looking to part company with the majority of duplicates I have(we are talking 1000's). Any help would be appreciated...Thanx!
Mike

Visit my son's caringbridge page @ Runner's Caringbridge Page

"To Give Anything Less than Your Best, Is to Sacrifice the Gift" - Steve Prefontaine

Comments

• Options
    coinpicturescoinpictures Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭
    There isn't one... none that are active and that have a decent interface at any rate.

Delphi Virtual Stamp Club has some traffic, but you get spammed incessantly with ads as you try to navigate.

Richard Frajola's board gets good traffic, but the board is not threaded in any way (that I've found at any rate). It's impossible to follow discussion topics. It reads like a completely random stream of consciousness page. Too tiresome.
  • Options
    Seems like the Stampwants.com board/forum has had alot of activity but I have never used it, you might check it out just in case.
  • Options
    a few thoughts on my experiences -stamp wants forums get a good bit of activity, 1847usa .com, US philatelic classics society, efo collectors club alll can be fun for starters. I get more from books myself, but still get stumped. I am looking for partners interested in somewhat advanced collecting, and am myself interested in learning and sharing my interests. good luck.
  • Options
    coverscovers Posts: 624
    BB - You might try my board here.. I think that some of the better students in US stamps and postal history frequent the board. Probably be able to answer most of your questions and most participants try to be gentle on newbies.
    Richard Frajola
    www.rfrajola.com
  • Options
    LouisCampLouisCamp Posts: 468 ✭✭✭