Home PCGS Set Registry Forum

Can anyone explain why so many of the thread on this Forum are about MPL's or Roosies?

SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,660 ✭✭✭✭✭
As opposed to other coin series.

Do the most popular coins discussed on this forum change over time? For example, a "flavor of the month" coin, with each month having a new type of coin taking over the top spot.

Comments

• ambro51ambro51 Posts: 13,580 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can only speak for the MPL's.

This is where the experts and collectors for this series congregate.

Perhaps collectors of other series already feel they know everything, and need no discussion or sharing of information.
  • StoogeStooge Posts: 4,639 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The U.S. Coin Forum is very busy and posts move to page 3 within hours, while here it takes several weeks to get a post to the second page. So in a sense this has become a very quiet, dead forum, and just a few Guys get on here and talk about what they like. It just so happens that the majority of collectors are MPL and Roosie.

Now you have the Merc Guys that say they are still around and they are, just not to the level that they were a few years ago. Man this forum had 2-3-4 live Merc posts going everyday! Then I started to chime in on Roosies, but that was after these 3 knuckleheads (Onlyroosies, Colorfulcoins & Rainbowroosies) had been talking smack about their ugly toned Roosies. imageimage I actually prefer the original blast white Roosies, but recently, after staring at their toned beauties, I have become hooked and tend to aquire some "dirtied up" specimens.

Now I don't think that there is a certain "Flavor of the month" coin so to speak, but it just seems to be these 2 coins for now.

Later, Paul.

Later, Paul.
  • curlycurly Posts: 2,880

<< <i>The U.S. Coin Forum is very busy and posts move to page 3 within hours, while here it takes several weeks to get a post to the second page. So in a sense this has become a very quiet, dead forum, and just a few Guys get on here and talk about what they like. It just so happens that the majority of collectors are MPL and Roosie.

Now I don't think that there is a certain "Flavor of the month" coin so to speak, but it just seems to be these 2 coins for now.

Later, Paul. >>

What the brother above me said, brother.
    Every man is a self made man.
  • labloverlablover Posts: 3,590 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>but that was after these 3 knuckleheads (Onlyroosies, Colorfulcoins & Rainbowroosies) >>

Yep, those three are really something.image
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
  • RegistryCoinRegistryCoin Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭✭
    Camaradarie.
  • SteveSteve Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭
    There is no question that when I want to read or write about a specific coin subject that I can reasonably reference to the Set Registries, I post here because to post on the Coin forum means that many of the people who are interested in the subject will miss it. I truly don't spend more than a few minutes brousing the Coin forum's 1st and 2nd pages one or two times a day for subjects I might want to read. Here I won't miss ANY thread I want to read. I had to subscribe to the MPL diagnostics threads just to have them all and know where they are. Those threads should be here where at least the people who want to see them can do so. JMHO. Steveimage
  • TreemanTreeman Posts: 418 ✭✭✭
    I sometimes feel like an "outcast", being a collector of Large Cents. It's hard for me to believe that everyone doesn't love these old coppers! It must be a mental illness, as they have been my favorite since I began collecting.
  • StoogeStooge Posts: 4,639 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I sometimes feel like an "outcast", being a collector of Large Cents. It's hard for me to believe that everyone doesn't love these old coppers! It must be a mental illness, as they have been my favorite since I began collecting. >>

Don't ever feel like that because you collect Large Cents. I think those are kewl and thought about collecting them from time to time. All those varieties!

You have to find others who want to post and just get it started. When I started posting about Roosies, not many people responded, and then all of the sudden it was like mayhem!

Start posting thoughts or questions and see if anyone is out there listening.

Later, Paul.

Later, Paul.
  • foodudefoodude Posts: 3,552 ✭✭✭
    A few years ago people said the same thing about MS Franklins. Hopefully over time everyone's favorite will get a run in this Forum, even Presidential Dollarsimage
    Greg Allen Coins, LLC Show Schedule: https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/573044/our-show-schedule-updated-10-2-16 Authorized dealer for NGC, PCGS, CAC, and QA. Member of PNG, RTT (Founding Platinum Member), FUN, MSNS, and NCBA (formerly ICTA); Life Member of ANA and CSNS. NCBA Board member. "GA3" on CCE.
  • RBinTexRBinTex Posts: 4,328
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ image