Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

PSA grading "on site"?

Hello. I'm just starting out on here. I've started back up collecting over the past few years. I have a quick question somebody might know. I saw on the website PSA grades "on site" at some shows like this weekend in Chicago. Does that mean if I bring in some of my tickets, they will grade them and put them in holders right there? I thank anybody who might be able to help. Thanks and take care.

Comments

• Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    03/28/2008 03/30/2008 Donald Stephens Convention Center Rosemont
    IL
    United States of America
    Comments: Customer Service Representatives will be available to answer questions and accept submissions for all levels of service. PSA will offer on-site grading and PSA/DNA autograph experts will be available to authenticate your previously signed autographs on-site at the PSA Booth.

When I used them I dropped off the cards on saturday morning and they were done sunday afternoon.

Sounds like they do.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    cubfan89cubfan89 Posts: 632 ✭✭✭
    Thank for the info Steve. I would like to get some of my bulls tix graded. Can anybody find out how many tixs PSA has graded for 1992 NBA Finals game 1 and 1996 game 6?
  • Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    Just a heads up- it's normally not cheap to have it done on site. You might consider dropping off the order there and getting the normal turnaround and have it shipped back to you. They ship registered so it's very safe.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options
    Thanks Griff. Any advice is helpful since I'm new at getting things PSA graded. I got about 10 different tix if they would grade. I tried to find out how many they've graded before using the poulation report, but it says I have to be a member. Thanks
  • Options
    There are exactly zero of that ticket graded. There are only four of the game-6 ticket graded, and they're stubs.

So you'll have the first one graded.

• Options
    Hey, Thanks a lot for checking into that for me. Actually all of the tix I have are stubs, but are in pristine condition. They should grade a 9 or 10. I'm guessing full tix would be impossible. Thanks again fellas!
  • Options

<< <i>Hey, Thanks a lot for checking into that for me. Actually all of the tix I have are stubs, but are in pristine condition. They should grade a 9 or 10. I'm guessing full tix would be impossible. Thanks again fellas! >>

Not impossible if someone didnt go to the game though, right?

Good luck with your grades man!
  • Options
    Ya you got a good point there. Hey, how could I check that stuff out myself, become a member? You a Red Sox fan or just Manny?
  • Options

<< <i>Ya you got a good point there. Hey, how could I check that stuff out myself, become a member? You a Red Sox fan or just Manny? >>

You have to pay to see the SMR/POP.

And yes, I'm a huge Sox fan and Manny's my favorite player.
  • Options
    How much do you have to pay? Your Sox look like they going to be real tough again. I can't tell you how happy I was in 04 when you guys finally won. Being a Cubs fan, I know about suffering.
  • Options
    If you want the SMR/Pop and submission rights, it's $99 a year. A deal if you ask me.

And yeah, they're going to do well this year.

I have a ton of Red Sox cards in my sets (viewable in the link in my signature line). Take a look if you're interested.

• Options
    Ya it does seem like a good deal. I'm going to have to look into it. I took a look at your collection and geez is it awesome. You might have one of the best Manny colllections in the country. It really is impressive. I called a co-worker over to check it out and his eyes were like golf balls. I remember 2004 real well, mainly game 7 in New York. The thing that sticks out is I went to a sports bar to watch the game instead of staying home. I kid you not, you would have thought you were in Boston. All us Cub fans were in full Red Sox gear and people were going crazy when the last out was recorded. I hope they go back again this year so I can maybe see that Cubs-Red Sox WS I've been waiting for.
  • Options
    Actually, there's a guy names Jamie, who's number one on the Manny Registry... his collection makes mine look silly... but thanks for the compliment!

That's a great story man! It's one of those stories that a lot of people, nationwide, were into. They deserved it.

• Options
    Cubfan

I assume one needs to a member to submit cards even at a show.

But I am not positive about that.

I did not think about the cost a I used my 12 free subs at a show.

They gave me 10 grades for my 12 free.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    I think Cub fans and Sox fans are very similar, until 2004. We relate to Sox nation. Are you from Boston. Ever go see a game at Fenway?
  • Options
    Thanks Steve for the info. I'll see what they say this weekend and get back to ya. I really only have about 15 tickets I'd like graded this weekend though.
  • Options

<< <i>I think Cub fans and Sox fans are very similar, until 2004. We relate to Sox nation. Are you from Boston. Ever go see a game at Fenway? >>

I agree. The Cubbies have been through a lot too!

I live about a half-hour from Boston and I go to Fenway every single season. I love it!

• Options
    You may have to buy a subscription then. And to further muddy the waters I do not think tickets can be used
    with the free subs one gets for joining, just cards.

They may do you a favor on site , I dunno. You may have to submit them with (through) an authorized
    dealer.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    I would give anything to go to Fenway and take a tour around Boston for a couple days. Have you ever been to Yankee Staduim or Shea?
  • Options
    Thanks Steve. I'm new to all this so I'm learning about their rules. How many submisssions do you get for signing up?
  • Options
    Some answers....

We do not grade tickets on site. You may drop them off at the booth and we will bring them back to our CA offices to be processed.

At this show the only cards we are grading are regular sized cards or cards that fit in the regular sized holders. We will not be grading tallboys, supersized cards, packs, T3's or the thicker memorabilia/patch cards.

The fees for having your cards graded onsite start at $35 per card and up depending on book value and desired turnaround time.

The $35 service is for cards valued under $2000. This is show service which means the cards will be done by the end of the show on Sunday. They can be done quicker but that is when they are due out. The $60, $100 and $250 service are all 2 hour services. See our fee schedule for declared values on these services.

PSA does not require membership to utilize the onsite services at a show.

PSA/DNA will be offering onsite autograph authentication, ball grading and encapsulation (for only those items that fit in our regular size holders) at the show. They will not be offering photograph authentication or game used bat authentication at this show.

The turnaround times for PSA/DNA are "show service" meaning they vary with demand. They are to be done by the end of the show. As with cards, they can be done quicker and you should check with the staff at the booth to see if they can offer you a more specific timeline. Please understand that the staff at the booth will not be able to give you an exact time your item will be done unless you are utilizing one of the 2 hours services.

PSA/DNA does offer an express 2 hour service for an additional $50 per piece. Normally we do not offer the express service for ball grading but you can ask at the booth.

Carol

• Options
    Do you guys require to have a membership to have things graded and brought back to Cali?
  • Options
    Membership is not required for tickets, packs or autographed cards (in person autographs). If you have one or two cards they may allow you to submit at Regular service and higher. If you want to submit a large quantity you will need to join the membership.
  • Options
    there ya go. Straight from the boss lady.

Thanks Carol.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    Thanks Carol and Steve. I only am bringing about 10 tickets and then later on down the road will most likely get a membership to submit large orders. Is Carol the owner or ceo of PSA Steve?
  • Options
    Hey Alan, I wake up this morning and I see your the new owner of a Jackie Robinson vintage card! The pictures of the card are stunning. My congrats to you on winning! I was going to ask you if you could look up a couple more when you're not too busy. Only if you're bored. I guess I'm just curious to see how many they've all ready graded. I have a 1991 NBA finals game 5 ticket. 1992 game 6, 1997 games 1-2 and 5-6. Thanks my man!
  • Options
    Carol is an administrated assistant to the President. (I think)

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    Thanks Steve, I didn't know
  • Options
    MorgothMorgoth Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭
    I am not a current member but have submitted every show I have attended.
    Currently completing the following registry sets: Cardinal HOF's, 1961 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1972 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1980 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, Bill Mazeroski Master & Basic Sets, Roberto Clemente Master & Basic Sets, Willie Stargell Master & Basic Sets and Terry Bradshaw Basic Set
  • Options
    Thanks I plan on submitting 10-15 tickets