Home Sports Talk
Options

The Lakers/Warriors game at Staples last night was great.

SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,716 ✭✭✭✭✭
The play in Oakland again tonight in the second of a back to back.

Last night the Warriors had a 72-49 halftime lead and in the first half the Lakers could not stop them. In the third quarter the Warriors took the lead to 26 before showtime stormed back to cut the lead to 5 at the end of the thrid quarter. The fourth quarter was nip and tuck. The Warriors were up 4 when Kobe hit a trey. Stephen Jackson then hit a trey to push the lead back to four. Kobe they hit a trey to chop it to one. With 8.1 second left Jackson hit another trey to push the lead back to four. Kobe then tried another trey and missed. Game over. 115-111 Warriors.

Round two this evening will be very fun.

Comments

• Options
    was listening to the game on the radio. the games between these two teams have been really intense the last 2 seasons. if the warriors and lakers continue to be top teams in the west, this could turn out to be a great rivarly (like kings and lakers).
  • Options
    gregmo32gregmo32 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭
    I will definitely be tuned in tonight. All of the stigma that surrounds Kobe has prevented most people from realizing that he is a historically significant player, a truly all time great...
    I am buying and trading for RC's of Wilt Chamberlain, George Mikan, Bill Russell, Oscar Robertson, Jerry West, and Bob Cousy!
    Don't waste your time and fees listing on ebay before getting in touch me by PM or at gregmo32@aol.com !
  • Options
    Great game tonight, however a lousy call by an out of position ref ruined the game.
  • Options

<< <i>Great game tonight, however a lousy call by an out of position ref ruined the game. >>

Exactly what I was going to say! Key part of the game the ref completely blows the call. I believe they need instant replay in the NBA now.
    Jay
  • Options
    The lousy call by the ref with 4 second left in the game deprived the Warriors of a chance to tie on a two point shot or win on a three point shot.

However, the Warriors beat themselves last night by missing too many free throws and by missing 13 close in shots (i.e. layups) in the first half. If they had made half of these 13 shots and half of these missed free throws, the Lakers would not have been close.
  • Options
    athleticsfanathleticsfan Posts: 249 ✭✭✭
    That game reminded of the first game the Lakers played in Oakland this season. The refs did everything they could to give the Lakers that game to.
    A's World Championships-1910, 1911, 1913, 1929, 1930, 1972, 1973, 1974, 1989