Home Sports Talk
Options

Plan to get up early to see season opener in Japan. Red Sox vs A's

First pitch Tuesday morning at 6 AM ET. on ESPN2.

Comments

• Options
    I'll catch the first two innings or so before work, and DV-R the rest.

I normally dont watch the pre-season stuff, but I'll watch this one for sure.

• Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,458 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I'll catch the first two innings or so before work, and DV-R the rest.

I normally dont watch the pre-season stuff, but I'll watch this one for sure. >>

this is not pre-season...it's game one of 162! I'm waking up at 5 central to watch it. Same thing on Wednesday.
  • Options
    Holy crap, how did I not know that?

Wow... I thought this was just another exhibition.

Thanks for the information man!!
  • Options
    I will be at work with an old fashion transitor radio in my ear listening to the game.
  • Options

<< <i>Holy crap, how did I not know that?

Wow... I thought this was just another exhibition.

Thanks for the information man!! >>

what's weird is that after the official opening two game set, they play against LAD (in LA) and those games DON'T count. Go figure!
  • Options
    MichiganMichigan Posts: 4,942
    This is a promotional gimmick that ties in with having Japanese players on US teams as far as I can tell. They are doing it just because
    they can I guess. The point of it...????
  • Options

<< <i>Does this game happen before the Yanks / Blue Jays which occurs at 1:05 PM EST on 03/31? >>

it happens tomorrow! March 24 at 6:05 Eastern
  • Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    The BARS on landsdowne are opening at 5:30...but no beer until 8 AM image
  • Options
    jdip9jdip9 Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭
    Even though I won't be down on Landsdowne to enjoy Opening Day, there is a sense I pride of feel knowing the bars are opening for the game.

And yes, it is complete BS that they have to play 3 exhibition games against the Dodgers after playing real games. If the Sox can get through April at .500 after this circus of a trip, I'll be happy.
  • Options
    TheVonTheVon Posts: 2,725
    This is the first time I've actually hated being a sports fan living on the west coast. I love the Sox, but I'm not waking up at 3:00 a.m. to watch them play. I might wake up at 6:00 to watch the end of the game though.
  • Options

<< <i>This is the first time I've actually hated being a sports fan living on the west coast. I love the Sox, but I'm not waking up at 3:00 a.m. to watch them play. I might wake up at 6:00 to watch the end of the game though. >>

If I got up at 3 am to watch the US play in the World Cup in Japan/Korea, you can get up and watch the Sox whoop ass on the Japanese.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>This is the first time I've actually hated being a sports fan living on the west coast. I love the Sox, but I'm not waking up at 3:00 a.m. to watch them play. I might wake up at 6:00 to watch the end of the game though. >>

If I got up at 3 am to watch the US play in the World Cup in Japan/Korea, you can get up and watch the Sox whoop ass on the Japanese. >>

the Sox are playing the A's, not the Japanese.
  • Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dice Krispies all-around!
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    TheVonTheVon Posts: 2,725

<< <i>

If I got up at 3 am to watch the US play in the World Cup in Japan/Korea, you can get up and watch the Sox whoop ass on the Japanese. >>

You soccer people are crazy though.

But now I feel sufficiently shamed. I'll wake up and watch the game. image
  • Options
    well, i get up at 5:30am anyway...(yes, i know its midnight and im still awake...i got cards to play..its early for me!~)

ill be able to see the first pitch, maybe the first inning; i leave for work at 6:20am.

• Options
    Well it's pretty much a bunch of crap that the "American Passtime" is opening in freaking Japan. What a joke. Oh, the ads on the uniforms are a nice touch, too.

Bud Selig = WORST. COMMISH. EVER.
  • Options
    Dvr's are a beautiful thing. No need to wake up early.