Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Question for the dime folks....

BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,304 ✭✭✭✭✭
Does anyone know WHY the FB sets are allowed to have non FB coins in them?

For instance, there are "circulation strikes, 1946-1964 Roosevelts" and also the "circulation strikes w/ FB, 1946-1964 Roosevelts".
That's TWO different sets, to me at least. One allows any of the PCGS graded '46-'64 Roosies and I would think that the FB one would only allow PCGS graded '46-'64 Roosies with FB, but it also allows any of them.

If no one knows, I will PM BJ and ask her, but if this is old news, and someone knows, it would be great to know.....
(I haven't checked other sets like Franklins and the FBL designation, so I don't know if all of them are like this or if this is just odd-man-out kind of things...)

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

Comments

• Options
    Dan50Dan50 Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭
    No one could finish an all FB set. There are two years that have no FB's, and several that have only one, two, or even three.
    Thus any Roosie is allowed, but with extra credit for the bands....
    Dan
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,304 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks Dan,

As I am helping my son on these, I am trying to learn what I can and I, obviously, haven't learned enough yet image

Appreciate the response.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    StoogeStooge Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here it is in a nutshell:

1) The set w/FB's is the ultimate set that you can compete with high grade FB coins that are far and few between. Non-FB coins cannot compete with the FB coins because of the weighted 2 bonus points. Perfect example is Danny Biddles 3 sets of MS67's w/o FB's GPA of 67.00 which are unbelievable, but does not compete with Close to perfects set of 100% FB's GPA 69.00. Now...

2) Take both of these sets and put them in the 1946-1964 Non-FB's set and they are 100% equal, because of the lack of bonuses.

You can compete on an equal playing feild in the Non-FB set, but really the competetion is in the FB set.

Later, Paul.

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    onlyroosiesonlyroosies Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭✭