Home Coin Swaps, Tags and Giveaways
Options

Swap/Trade help, please.

Please forgive me if this has been addressed before, but as a relative newbie to the forum, I must make this somewhat silly request...

Could somebody please explain these coin swaps/trades? I have seen threads say where one person sends to the person that signed up after them and the last person on the list send to the first person. That part I understand.

I have also saw a range mentioned in the threads. This is what I need explained, please. Does the range mean that you send one coin with a value in that range, or you send multiple coins whose values add up to be within that range, or is it something different?

I would like to get involved in a swap/trade (I think), but I'm unclear. Please help me to understand.

Sorry for the silly request, but I gotta learn somehow.

Thanks,
a2labmom
currently owned by 5 Labradors

Blaze - Yellow male b 3/17/93
Onyx - Black male b 3/7/99
Duchess - Yellow female mix b 3/12/02 rescued 9/18/02
Rifle - Yellow male mix b 12/1/02 rescued 8/8/03
Diamond - Black female b 5/3/05 adopted 8/3/05

First Cam-slam - 9/21/04

My eBay

Comments

• Options
    GaCoinGuyGaCoinGuy Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭✭
    You have the right idea. You can send one or more coins, up to you. I have done 2 of em, and I simply asked what it was the person was interested in and went from there. Both packages I have received have been shotgun packages, 8-10 coins each, of various coins. I don't collect slabs, so raw coins are what I'm after.
    imageimage

• Options
    moursundmoursund Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭✭✭

Right, one or more coins, with approximate retail value within the range. I usually send shotgun packages of many coins, because that's what is easiest for me to lay hands on. image

am
    100th pint of blood donated 7/19/2022 B) . Transactions with WilliamF, Relaxn, LukeMarshal, jclovescoins, braddick, JWP, Weather11am, Fairlaneman, Dscoins, lordmarcovan, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, JimW. God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that who so believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life.
  • Options
    MacCoinMacCoin Posts: 2,545 ✭✭
    they're are a lot of fun I a reg head so most of the time I send slabbed coins. after the last trade I got a shotgun pack of V nickles that are really awsome. nothing really high grade but thats how sets get started at my house.

I hate it when you see my post before I can edit the spelling.

Always looking for nice type coins

my local dealer
  • Options
    I have taken part in a couple of swaps to "get my feet wet" so to say and have enjoyed it with the exception of the $12 coin I got that customs claimed was worth $100 and I had to pay $20 of taxes and inspection fees to get it to find out what it even was!!! Imagine that bargian, I sent my coins to my recipient and then had to pay $20 to get mine to me that was worth $12. Gotta do one of those every week or so to keep life interesting I guess???image
    So many coins, so little money!
    Ebay name: bhil3
  • Options
    mmmmmmm...cool.....
    Dennis

My Dimes

<< If it's worth doing, it's worth doing right the first time! >>