Home PCGS Set Registry Forum

pr68 matty projections anyone?

hehehe why not i say...
my take is it wouldn't surprize me to see a final hammer of $150-$200k
"next"
everything in life is but merely on loan to us by our appreciation....lose your appreciation and see

Comments

• BWRCBWRC Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭

teddy,

maybe we see six figures here?
    Brian Wagner Rare Coins, Specializing in PCGS graded, Shield, Liberty and Buffalo Nickels varieties.
  • WaterSportWaterSport Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am gun shy after over pricing the 1909 VDB.....I guess it just comes down as to who has the deepest pockets and wants it the most.

WS
    Proud recipient of the coveted PCGS Forum "You Suck" Award Thursday July 19, 2007 11:33 PM and December 30th, 2011 at 8:50 PM.
  • ambro51ambro51 Posts: 13,580 ✭✭✭✭✭
    PCGS Price guide says $20 thousand.

Of course the PCGS MPL prices are about as out of touch as Leisure Suits, The Chrysler Cordoba and the Y2K problem.

But if that 14 ever is downgraded....you will get your 20K.
  • cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• curlycurly Posts: 2,880

Brothers, I'm more in line with cohodk. $65,000 to $75,000.
    Every man is a self made man.
  • tradedollarnuttradedollarnut Posts: 20,146 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • MPLunaticMPLunatic Posts: 617 ✭✭
    im going to say between 48-55 thousand, I checked out the coin and am not that impressed. Don't get me wrong but I would have figured the coin would be stunning for a 68. In my opinion the coin looks to be 67. Anyone seen this coin?
  • DMWJRDMWJR Posts: 5,974 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>im going to say between 48-55 thousand, I checked out the coin and am not that impressed. Don't get me wrong but I would have figured the coin would be stunning for a 68. In my opinion the coin looks to be 67. Anyone seen this coin? >>

I'm betting that it is another Heritage Numismatic Photo Injustice (TM)

... but I haven't seen the coin in person.
    Doug
  • tradedollarnuttradedollarnut Posts: 20,146 ✭✭✭✭✭
    IMHO, the one thing that will hold it back is that you know for a fact it isn't as nice as the one that Stewart kept! image
  • eCoinquesteCoinquest Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭
    I agree with TDN. If the other is finer then this one will probably sell for a little less (70K-80K)....

I do think it will realize a nice sum as it is a SUPER rare top pop coin.
  • STEWARTBLAYNUMISSTEWARTBLAYNUMIS Posts: 2,697 ✭✭✭✭

SINCE LASVEGASTEDDY started a thread about a coin from my collection,I decided to make a few comments.Firstly the coin is spectacular.It is a virgin coin that has never seen a coin doctor and it it as pristine as when it left the mint more than 100 years ago.Its state of preservation is poifect (as we say in Brooklyn).It is better than most every proof 67 matte proof Lincoln cent I have ever seen.MPLunatic,how many matte proof Lincoln cents have you seen in Proof 67 red ?This coin graded proof 68 red the first time it was submitted.
    My reason for offering the coin in auction is because I own two 1914 matte proof Lincoln cents in proof 68 red.I don't need the money.It seems that there isn't anyone who can set a price for the coin although there are three well known matte proof Lincoln cent collectors who offered between $80,000 and $100,000 for the coin.Even I don't know what the coin should cost.All three collectors and myself decided it is best to put the coin in auction unreserved and let the person who wants the coin most to win it.This is what I am doing and I wish all of you Good Luck !

Stewart
  • cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually it was only 94 years ago.imageimage
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• SteveSteve Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭
    Stewart,
    Thanks for your comments. I think what you say "carries weight". You KNOW this coin better than anyone and your words represent your reputation. I wish you much luck in the sale of this coin and it certainly will establish a solid basis for your other 1914 Matte Proof Lincoln Cent in PR68RED.
    Steveimage
  • BWRCBWRC Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Stewart,
    Thanks for your comments. I think what you say "carries weight". You KNOW this coin better than anyone and your words represent your reputation. I wish you much luck in the sale of this coin and it certainly will establish a solid basis for your other 1914 Matte Proof Lincoln Cent in PR68RED.
    Steveimage >>

I too, saw this coin at the last Baltimore show. Forget the Heritage image! the coin is as described by Stewartimage
    Brian Wagner Rare Coins, Specializing in PCGS graded, Shield, Liberty and Buffalo Nickels varieties.
  • pennyanniepennyannie Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭
    I read the Heritage description that this was part of a proof set. What happened to the other coins? What did they grade out? Looks like a good return on the investment. A nice, nice coin. I would pass on it though. It would give my MPL's a inferiority complex image Probably the owner too.
    Mark
    NGC registry V-Nickel proof #6!!!!
    working on proof shield nickels # 8 with a bullet!!!!

RIP "BEAR"
  • RBinTexRBinTex Posts: 4,328
    74,750 so far. 92,500 will be the last. Might go higher though if the 3 hard core top Lincoln guy competitors go nuts.