Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

some nice cards to look at here

these cards came from my dad, he had a card shop[hot stuff] in Tampa, Florida. I finally convinced him to get these graded. Cards will be available after graded. Any one who has opinions on grades would be appreciated. Time is not important on grading what type of submission could I use for these. Is the $12.00 special best price out there now?

Comments

• Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    For those cards yes, although I am not sure if it applies to tallboys.
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    downtowndowntown Posts: 671 ✭✭✭
    I use to go to that shop when I lived in Tampa!
    He sure had alot of stuff crammed into a small space compared to some of the other shops back in the early 90s
    I collect Seattle Pilots autographs, 1969 Topps autographs, Signed Mickey Mantle Home Run History cards and have a JC Martin collection (he was my college Baseball coach)
    Doug
  • Options
    downtown,thats being nice.the store was a real mess.steinbrenner's son hank used to stop in and buy some stuff.so when my brother and went down last sunday,hank came thru with 4 tickets to yankees-red sox game on st. patricks day.
  • Options
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Nice cards MR.Bud.

Good luck on the submission!

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
  • Options
    Bottom9thBottom9th Posts: 2,695 ✭✭
    Mrbud,
    Where was the shop?
  • Options
    it was on westshore blvd. a few miles south of kennedy ave.in tampa FL.it was in a small strip mall maybe 4 stores in there.called Hot Stuff.
  • Options
    Your dad named Lloyd?

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That 69 Mantle is sweet!
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    steve,my dads name is frank.
  • Options
  • Options
    Sweet cards, keep them coming!!

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    thenavarrothenavarro Posts: 7,497 ✭✭✭
    Mr. Bud,

Any chance you want to sell the Gibson rookie and Koufax rookie before they get graded. I just started a project where I want to get the Topps rookies signed and if I buy graded cards, I have to crack them out before they can be signed anyway. If so, what would you be asking for those two?

Mike
    Buying US Presidential autographs
  • Options
  • Options
    NickMNickM Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭
    Depending on the year, the Gretzky auto may need to be submitted to PSA/DNA. PSA requires this for even in-pack autos prior to 1998 (due to problems back then when "certified" autographs were not necessarily signed by the player).

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.
  • Options
    thanks nick.i think the gretzky is from '96.one other question.with the 6 free subs i have can i send in a 20 card sub. and pay for 14.that would save me postage not having to send in 2 seperate subs.gil
  • Options
    Yes

But you have to have the subs on separate forms.

Always put the fastest service on the package too.

The free sub will be on the form they have sent you.

The other sub will be on the extras they send or you can print one out.

You have to pay shipping/insurance on each.

Steve
    Good for you.