Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Registry deadlines

I thought that I remembered in the past an announcement from PSA stating a deadline for new set requests and updates for the awards. I have not seen one for this year and I'm sure that the database upgrades put them behind on a few things. Any one know anything about this? I have a couple of complete sets I am waiting to pop hoping in tiem for this year.
Fuzz
Wanted: Bell Brands FB and BB, Chiefs regionals especially those ugly milk cards, Coke caps, Topps and Fleer inserts and test issues from the 60's. 1981 FB Rack pack w/ Jan Stenerud on top.

Comments

• Options
    RangermanRangerman Posts: 276 ✭✭
    FUZZ- Go to set registry --- hit AWARDS, then hit 2008 ------------- so far that's all I've seen.. Tony
    Rangerman / ARMEDPILOT

B)
  • Options
    RobbyRobby Posts: 657 ✭✭✭
    Fuzz
    The following is a copy of the e-mail from Psa regarding Set Registries deadline that I recieved about a month ago :
    Dear PSA Set Registry Members,

As you may have noticed, the PSA website has been redesigned. The population report is now being updated daily. A few problems have been reported in the PSA Set Registry and we are addressing those issues as quickly as they are reported. Should you notice something that isn't working correctly, please email us at mailto:setregistry@collectors.com

In light of the new half point grading system, should you decide to send cards in for a re-grade, the certification number of these cards will remain the same so you will not need to re-enter them into your sets. However, once the card has its new grade, you will need to VALIDATE your set in order for the grade to be updated.

Work has begun on the Version 2 of the PSA Set Registry. We expect to launch sometime this Spring. The new program will allow you to track your inventory with price paid and source. You will be able to add multiple sets directly from your inventory. The addition of images will be much easier and the program will automatically adjust the size of your image for you. The Collectors Showcase area will be divided into categories and your showcase collection will be easier to locate. You will be able to post comments on other members' sets. Your PSA orders can be viewed within "My Set Registry" and you will be able to add new cards to your inventory, directly from the order screen. The program is based on the PCGS Set Registry (Coins) http://www.pcgs.com/setregistry/ and the PCGS Currency Registry http://www.pcgscurrency.com/setregistry/. If you have not visited these registries, I encourage you to do so.

Testing the new version will require considerable time from my staff and me. Therefore, you can expect a slowdown with new sets being added to the Registry. Set requests will still be accepted, however, the rate at which we get them on line over the next six months will slow down. We ask in advance for your patience during this process.

The PSA Set Registry Awards are still planned for a May 30th deadline. We will be presenting the major awards to winners at the PSA Set Registry luncheon on Friday, August 1st at the National in Rosemont, IL. Updates to the player sets will be made for all card requests received through March 31st. Any cards we add to the player sets in the two month period prior to the awards deadline (April 1 - May 30) which have less than 3 cards in the population report will be added as optional until after the awards deadline.

As always, should you have any questions, please feel free to contact me directly.

BJ Searls
    Set Registry Manager
    mailto:bsearls@collectors.com

Hope this helps !
    Dave ' Robbie ' Robinson
    Collect 1964 Topps Baseball
    1963 Fleer
    Lou Brock Master Set