Home Testing Forum
Options

New Member - Testing illini420

illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
Many New Type Coins - Gold, High Grade Barbers, Commems, Nice Toners, Prestige Sets and More!

Summary of Available Coins (Details and Photos Below):

Slabbed Coins
1) 1859 1c Indian NGC MS63 - $575
2) 1863 1c Indian NGC MS64 - $325
3) 1955-D 1c Lincoln PCGS MS66RD Omaha Bank Hoard - $20
4) 1937 5c Buffalo PCGS MS65 - $60
5) 1997-P 5c Jefferson Matte SMS PCGS MS69FS - $250
6) 1855 H10c Seated w/ Arrows PCGS AU58 - $225
7) 1909 10c Barber NGC MS66 - $1200
8) 1935-D 10c Mercury PCGS MS65 - $100
9) 1892-O 25c Barber PCGS MS63 - $400
10) 1909-D 25c Barber PCGS MS64 - $600
11) 1928-D 25c Standing Liberty NGC MS62 - $175
12) 1953-S 25c Washington NGC MS66 - $35
13) 1909 50c Barber PCGS MS63 - $800
14) 1909-S 50c Barber NGC MS65 - $3750
15) 1916 50c Walking Liberty NGC MS62 - $400
16) 1925 50c Lexington Commemorative NGC MS64 - $175
17) No Longer Available
18) 1936-D 50c Rhode Island Commemorative PCGS MS66 (OGH) - $325
19) 1957 50c Franklin PCGS MS65FBL - $65
20) 1890-O $1 Morgan PCGS MS63 - $100
21) 1922 $1 Peace PCGS MS64 - $75
22) 1922-D $1 Peace PCGS MS64 - $125
23) 1925 $1 Peace PCGS MS65 (OGH) - $175
24) 1972-D $1 Ike PCGS MS65 - $50
25) 1984-S $1 Olympic Commemorative NGC PR69UCAM - $25
26) 1854 G$1 Type 1 PCGS AU58 - $275
27) 1898 $2.5 NGC MS61 - $400
28) 1898 $5 NGC AU58 - $350

Other Coins
a) 1986 Prestige Proof Set with all original government packaging
b) 1987 Prestige Proof Set with all original government packaging
c) 1988 Prestige Proof Set with all original government packaging
d) 1989 Prestige Proof Set with all original government packaging
e) 1990 Prestige Proof Set with all original government packaging
f) 1991 Prestige Proof Set with all original government packaging
g) 1992 Prestige Proof Set with all original government packaging
h) 1993 Prestige Proof Set with all original government packaging
i) 1994 Prestige Proof Set with all original government packaging
j) 1995 Prestige Proof Set with all original government packaging
k) 1996 Prestige Proof Set with all original government packaging
l) 1997 Prestige Proof Set with all original government packaging
All 12 Prestige Proof Sets (1986-1997) - $800

The Details and Photos:

Will take payment by check or money order (please allow time for check to clear unless we've dealt before). I am happy to take PayPal if you split the fees with me. Also willing to consider trades and/or junk silver. Satisfaction guaranteed, can return within 7 days. I'll pay USPS Priority Mail insured shipping on coins over $200 (costs a little extra for Registered Mail or other requested shipping methods). Prices on the less expensive coins include cheapest shipping possible w/o insurance (but will add insurance/upgrade shipping upon request). Thanks for looking. I can also provide several buying and selling references upon request. Let me know if you want additional pics of any of these, thanks!! image

Please feel free to contact me with any questions or comments or to make me a reasonable offer if you feel my prices are not fair.

Slabbed Coins

1) 1859 1c Indian NGC MS63 - $575
This first year Indian Head Cent has a strong proof-like appearance to it. A couple of very small spots in the proof-like fields that look like water spots are the only minor distractions of note. The spots can only be seen at certain angles/lighting as they are not the typical black copper spots, can’t really be seen in my photos below, but neither can the mirrors on this coin!! Very small scratch on the cheek which can only be seen when the light hits it dead on. A very nice example of this one year type, with an amazing strike. Overall, I think this coin pretty strong for the grade.

imageimage

imageimage

2) 1863 1c Indian NGC MS64 - $325
Sometimes the copper-nickel Indian Head Cents have a very light color to them compared to the later dates in the series; sometimes they are referred to as “white cents.” However, this example is red and looks like a copper 64 red-brown. Very flashy coin with some minor fly specks. Also has a small hairline scratch in the obverse field which is hardly noticeable unless the light hits it just right. Note that this coin was originally in a PCGS MS64 holder (old PCGS insert tag will be included).

imageimage

imageimage

3) 1955-D 1c Lincoln PCGS MS66RD Omaha Bank Hoard - $20
A flashy red Wheat Cent with very minor fly specks on the reverse. Not sure what a fair price is so we’ll start at half the PCGS Guide value (currently $40).

imageimage

4) 1937 5c Buffalo PCGS MS65 - $60
A relatively common gem Buffalo. However, the look of this coin is better than the average. Very solid strike and beautiful somewhat subtle, but colorful toning on the reverse. The new owner will be pleased with this coin for sure.

imageimage

5) 1997-P 5c Jefferson Matte SMS PCGS MS69FS - $250
Not too many modern coins have a mintage of only 25,000!!!! This one does. The 1997-P “matte proof” SMS Jefferson Nickel was only issued as part of the 1997 Botanic Garden set. While these coins frequently trade at or near my asking price on the online auctions, the example here has no weird streaky or spotty color as these coins sometimes exhibit. This example is problem-free and virtually perfect in all aspects.

imageimage

6) 1855 H10c Seated w/ Arrows PCGS AU58 - $225
A cute little Seated Half Dime with Arrows that exhibits easily identifiable clashing on both the obverse and reverse. Also has a really cool die crack on the reverse which goes all the way across from the M in America to the N in United. Please note that the closes up pictures are unforgiving and that many of the hits you can see in the photo are not visible in hand. Much lower mintage than the 1853 or 1854 without any significant price premium. Very attractive AU58 coin which looks much better than most of the MS63 examples you’ll find.

imageimage

imageimage

7) 1909 10c Barber NGC MS66 - $1200
An MS66!!! This is a pop 8/0 coin at NGC. Has a somewhat original look to it, but I’m not an expert so I really don’t know whether it was previously dipped and then later started to re-tone. Has a very subtle skin with lots of luster underneath. The surfaces are very clean looking, however there are some very light hits on the neck, cheek and cap that I expect would prevent this coin from crossing at MS66. I could be wrong though as again, I’m not an expert. I’ve enjoyed having this coin in my 1909 Mint Set (see link in signature) but I’m now seeking an example with more toning to better match my other 1909 dimes.

imageimage

imageimage

Previous seller’s photos:
imageimage

8) 1935-D 10c Mercury PCGS MS65 - $100
A very nice gem Mercury Dime with no problems to speak of. The coin has a very even and subtle orange-gold to light blue tone on both the obverse and reverse. Beautiful!

imageimage

9) 1892-O 25c Barber PCGS MS63 - $400
Very original looking Type 2 first year New Orleans Barber Quarter. The obverse, which is strongly struck, has much darker toning with tons of luster underneath. The reverse is much more flashy and has a really great rim tone. Not sure why this coin was only graded MS63 as it is better than many MS64 Barber Quarters I’ve owned. Perhaps it was the different looks to the obverse and the reverse? Or maybe it was that the coin has a very faint surface scratch on the neck that is very difficult to spot, even under magnification unless the light hits it just perfectly (or would that be imperfectly?). This is one of those coins where I will not be upset if it does not sell.

imageimage

imageimage

10) 1909-D 25c Barber PCGS MS64 - $600
Another very original looking toned Barber Quarter. Very similar look to the 1892-O above, except this coin has the dark toning with strong luster underneath on both the obverse and reverse, very well matched and perhaps the reason it was graded higher? This coin has a slightly weak strike on the obverse (note a few of the stars have a flat look), but the reverse is very strong. I’ve been proud to have this coin in my 1909 Mint Set but I currently have my eyes set on an example in a higher grade.

imageimage

imageimage

11) 1928-D 25c Standing Liberty NGC MS62 - $175
Very flashy coin that has most definitely been dipped, perhaps one time too many as the luster is slightly muted (justification for the MS62 grade). Still a beautiful type coin that has the look of a much much higher grade coin. I also think this coin is a slightly better date without much premium as it had a mintage of only 1.6 million.

imageimage

12) 1953-S 25c Washington NGC MS66 - $35
Very clean white quarter with minimal marks. Would be great for any quarter collection or even in a nice type set, I don’t think you can do much better for my asking price.

imageimage

13) 1909 50c Barber PCGS MS63 - $800
Choice Barber Half with an original crusty look. Very well stricken on both the obverse and reverse. Originally purchased this coin as a hole filler for my 1909 Mint Set (see link in signature) back when MSN Cashback was going at 25%, but I’m now seeking an MS65 or maybe even an MS66 example which was my original goal.

imageimage

imageimage

14) 1909-S 50c Barber NGC MS65 - $3750
This is a pop 9/7 coin at NGC. Blast white coin with good luster. Obviously dipped in the past and honestly is getting close to the line of being overdipped, but I don’t think it’s quite there yet. Has a few light marks on Liberty’s neck that can only be seen at certain angles. A decent strike as well with only slight weakness on stars 3 and 4. A very nice Barber Half overall! This coin also has the inverted “S” mintmark, which I think is pretty cool, although I’m not sure of the relative rarity versus the normal “S” mintmark. It’s getting really hard to find gem Barber Halves in the first price, but it’s even harder to find one that looks nice and is under $4000. As with the 1909 MS66 dime above, I’ve really been proud to have this coin in my 1909 Mint Set (see link in signature) but I’m now seeking an example with a little more natural color to better match my 1909-O Half.

imageimage

imageimage

Previous seller’s photos:
imageimage

15) 1916 50c Walking Liberty NGC MS62 - $400
Very original looking first year Walking Liberty Half with a somewhat dirty look. Great example for your type set with no real problems to speak of other than a few very small spots on the reverse (not sure whether it’s toning or dirt). Note that this coin was originally in a PCGS MS62 holder (old PCGS insert tag will be included).

imageimage

16) 1925 50c Lexington Commemorative NGC MS64 - $175
This Lexington has a great strike and is wonderfully toned on both the obverse and reverse. Lots of luster underneath the golden tone as well.

imageimage

17) No Longer Available
Sorry for the tease, but even if someone were to pay my asking price (or more), this is one I know I would regret selling immediately…

18) 1936-D 50c Rhode Island Commemorative PCGS MS66 (OGH) - $325
Has an area of yellow-golden toning on each side on the on the word “Half” and on the words “In God.” An overall nice and original looking coin with very few noticeable marks. Although the prices on this coin have come down lately, my price is still well below the PCGS Guide price and I believe to be below any similar that you are likely to find elsewhere. The old green holder is cool too, but I wouldn’t expect an upgrade here.

imageimage

19) 1957 50c Franklin PCGS MS65FBL - $65
Mint set toned half dollar with full bell lines, but difficult to see the bell lines under the toning though, but PCGS says they are there somewhere!! Looks sort of dull-grey under low lighting, but under a strong light this coin is full of colors, especially on the reverse which has rainbow color all over. Note that the obverse scratch in the photo is on the holder and not on the coin.

imageimage

imageimage

20) 1890-O $1 Morgan PCGS MS63 - $100
Appropriately graded New Orleans Morgan Dollar with awesome rim toning. Both the obverse and the reverse exhibit fiery orange-red toning. She’s pretty!

imageimage

21) 1922 $1 Peace PCGS MS64 - $75
This toned Peace Dollar has tons of luster and looks like an example of a higher grade, especially on the obverse. A couple of strong hits on Liberty’s nose bar such higher grade however. The golden-brown rim tone on this coin is very consistent and quite attractive in hand.

imageimage

22) 1922-D $1 Peace PCGS MS64 - $125
Another toned Peace Dollar, but this example is toned completely on both the obverse and reverse. The reverse toning is slightly darker and more colorful. Beautiful coin overall.

imageimage

23) 1925 $1 Peace PCGS MS65 (OGH) - $175
A gem Peace Dollar in an old green holder. Has a slight haze to it, but with that comes some faint color. Strong luster and virtually mark free except for one significant hit on Liberty’s chin and another small one above the eye (so you probably shouldn’t be expecting an upgrade here). Not too shabby though.

imageimage

24) 1972-D $1 Ike PCGS MS65 - $50
Monster toned Ike Dollar. Not the highest grade Ike you can buy, but one of the most nicely toned mint state Ike you’ll be able to find for the price. As you can see, the colors really come out when under direct lighting. Both sides are completely toned with a wide variety of colors.

imageimage

Here’s what the coin looks like when with direct diffused lighting, look at those colors!!
imageimage

25) 1984-S $1 Olympic Commemorative NGC PR69UCAM - $25
Decent proof Olympic Silver Dollar. I’ve always liked the design of this coin, especially the eagle on the reverse as it reminds me of some of the eagles used in the classic commemoratives. This coin has a very faint ring of haze near the edge on the reverse which is accurately reflected in the photo. Note that almost all of the marks in the obverse photo are on the holder and not on the coin; the exceptions are a couple of very small spots in the fields, nothing terribly distracting though.

imageimage

imageimage

26) 1854 G$1 Type 1 PCGS AU58 - $275
This has to be one of the nicest AU58 Gold Dollars you’ll be able to find for the price. This little beauty has tons of luster and I am unable to see any rub. Great example for a PQ AU58 type set. Tried to get an accurate and detailed photo, but these are so tiny. Please note that the close up pictures can be unforgiving and that most of the hits you can see in the photo are not visible in hand without magnification. Note also that I paid more than my asking price for this coin when it was originally in a NGC MS61 holder (old NGC insert tag will be included).

imageimage

imageimage

27) 1898 $2.5 NGC MS61 - $400
Liberty Gold Quarter Eagle with decent, but not overpowering, luster. Relatively low mintage of only 24,000 for this coin, but without any significant premium over other coins of this type produced in the hundreds of thousands. The matching Half Eagle is below.

imageimage

28) 1898 $5 NGC AU58 - $350
Liberty Gold Half Eagle with a natural color and just a little rub to it. A couple of marks that seem appropriate for the grade as well, but an overall attractive coin. A great companion coin to the preceding Quarter Eagle.

imageimage