Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

New Image: 1914 MPL cent PCGS PR66RB

I would like to thank my friend Stewart Blay who gave me the oppurtunity to purchase this amazing coin.

The obverse blast is so intense, I have never seen anything like it. The coin has been sold to a new MPL cent registry player.
I hope you all enjoy this updated image.

Brian Wagner Rare Coins, Specializing in PCGS graded, Shield, Liberty and Buffalo Nickels varieties.

Comments

• Options
    EagleEyeEagleEye Posts: 7,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lincoln is smirking! Isn't he?

A real Beauty!
    Rick Snow, Eagle Eye Rare Coins, Inc.Check out my new web site:
  • Options
    BWRCBWRC Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭

Thanks Rick!
    Brian Wagner Rare Coins, Specializing in PCGS graded, Shield, Liberty and Buffalo Nickels varieties.
  • Options
    lasvegasteddylasvegasteddy Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭
    it's like a matte cam in a way...sweet example and i find it interesting as my 14 has a reverse that has that same gloss field to it as that obverse
    sweet date too
    everything in life is but merely on loan to us by our appreciation....lose your appreciation and see

• Options
    curlycurly Posts: 2,880

<< <i>Lincoln is smirking! Isn't he?

A real Beauty! >>

He does have a satisified grin doesn't he?
    Every man is a self made man.
  • Options
    ambro51ambro51 Posts: 13,609 ✭✭✭✭✭
    AAwsome! That Magenta toning.....just overall beautiful. Not a RD? hmmmmmm

BTW anyone reading this and likeing the look of this coin, go over to that thread about MPLS vs roosevelt dime and cast your vote for the Mighty MPL. Lets just finish off that thread once and for all based on this coin, OK>?
  • Options

Nice coin.

The image for the PR68RD is up on Heritage's site.

Jack

• Options
    Very unique. Is there really that much contrast between obverse and reverse surface texture?

David

• Options

<< <i>Very unique. Is there really that much contrast between obverse and reverse surface texture?

David >>

Thanks David and all who replied,

The image is accurate so I would say yes!
  • Options
    DMWJRDMWJR Posts: 5,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love the obverse on that one.
    Doug
  • Options
    robecrobec Posts: 6,606 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is one heck of a coin Brian. I only wish I could have sprung for it. Whom ever put it in their registry made a great addition.image
  • Options
    Dear Club Members-

I'm the new guy on the block; my name is Duane Blake. This is my first official post. I have given myself the moniker 'Grasshopper' for reasons that will become apparent if you take a look at my newly posted "Blake Acre" Matte Proof Lincoln Collection (see http://www.pcgs.com/setregistry/publishedset.aspx?s=41931&ac=1). It is basically a reference to the show "Kung-Fu" that used to be popular a few years back, which I always enjoyed. If anyone has a good grasshopper avatar photo they think funny and want to donate, I would be grateful to proudly display your work as my emblem!

Special thanks to Brian Wagner and Todd Imhof, both high-level coin connoisseurs and good men who I am fortunate to have in my corner in building a (hopefully) full Matte Lincoln collection. Maybe we can even get so lucky to find a Matte Proof 1917, (I know, I know, I must believe in Bigfoot, unicorns, and leprechauns, too!). Truth be told, a 1909VDB Matte would be just fine! But if anyone wants to put their two-cents worth on the existence of a 1917, I’d love to see that string, and I’m sure this esteemed group has some serious opinion as to that issue : )

The superhero 1914 Matte Proof in my collection that started this conversation string is a coin I feel very lucky to own, and want to sincerely thank Mr. Stewart Blay for that opportunity.

So, I am very glad to be on-board. Please feel free to contact me if I can be of any service or helpful to you or your collection, or you just want to talk coins.

Respectfully,
    Duane Blake
  • Options
    DMWJRDMWJR Posts: 5,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The obverse of that 1914 reminds me of the obverse of my 09vdb.

Edit: changed pics ... forgot how big that one was.
    Doug
  • Options

<< <i>That is one heck of a coin Brian. I only wish I could have sprung for it. Whom ever put it in their registry made a great addition.image >>

Thanks Bob,

Mr Duane Blake is very happy to have added the coin to the "Blake Acre Matte Proof Set" currently #28 on the PCGS MPL registry.

I want to thank everyone for the nice compliments about this coin, it has a look "that lingers in the mind" long after viewing it.
  • Options
    curlycurly Posts: 2,880

Welcome to the club, brother.
    Every man is a self made man.
  • Options
    Thank you group for the kind words and introductions to the Club. I am finding so much inspiration from the collective passion and beautiful coins on this registry, that it's a little overwelming, but I am certainly having a great time. Thank you again.
  • Options
    SteveSteve Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭
    Duane,
    Welcome to the PCGS forums. You have a great start (33%) on the way to a complete Matte Proof collection. I enjoyed reading your comments about your father in your Set Registry. It is wonderful that you are dedicating this project to him. Good luck. Steveimage
  • Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,621 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome Duane!!!
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options
    lasvegasteddylasvegasteddy Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭
    welcome to the club there duane and sorry to hear of your father's passing as it hit me a lil hard too of 5 years now noting i'm "jr." and carry his name.
    looks like you're in great hands on what should be an impressive set to cheerish
    sincerely ted
    everything in life is but merely on loan to us by our appreciation....lose your appreciation and see

• Options
    Thank you, Steve. Your encouragement is meaningful to me because I respect the dedication required to compile a collection of your status. You own 83 proofs, and your set is beautiful! That is pretty humbling. So you going out of your way to encourage me speak volumes about you. I recognize this quality all through our collector’s club, which seems full of people who genuinely enjoy watching other people succeed. That is inspirational, and based on your comments about your own collection, I take it that you also collect as a labor of love. Congratulations to you on that! I think all collectors or investors bring their own motivations to the table. Me? I'm having a blast working with my great advisor Brian Wagner who along with other people like Brian’s friend and master collector Stewart Blay, and new people I’m now meeting, are really helping me in a big way in compiling these beautiful coins. I hope they are enjoying this as much as I am. We all understand that these collections require patience, effort and luck. But having the powerful motivation of dedicating my set to my father makes the time and effort worthwhile. And fun as well as challenging. So, I look forward to meeting you personally some day and learning more about you, a clearly decent and understanding fellow collector. Thanks again for the cool note.

• Options
    Dear Ted and All-

Thank you. I am honestly humbled and overwelmed that I would be so welcome by some many people in such a personal way. But I guess I put it out there, didn't I? My father was my father. You all understand. Maybe we will have the opportunity to meet soon enough. I hope so.

This club is about coins AND people.

Thank you. Thank you.

Your newest member,

Duane
  • Options
    Thank you. And all those color variations in your collection blow me away! You can't find that many beautiful shades on the balloons at a birthday party!!

Keep up the great search.image
  • Options
    In all honesty, that 1911 of yours ain't too shabby, either image
  • Options
    The coin does have a musical Hendrix quality to it, but still takes second place to the beatles, though, agreed? image

Thank you!