Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Paypal claim denied...seller keeps coins UPDATE..I GOT MONEY BACK AFTERALL

2»

Comments

• Options
    coinpicturescoinpictures Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭
    Unless things have changed at PayPal recently, you cannot file claims for both nonreceipt and SNAD for the same transaction. That's a known loophole with PayPal. If you claim nonreceipt and then the seller ships you an empty box, thus satisfying the nonreceipt claim, you will autolose on any subsequent claim of SNAD, even if outright fraud is committed by the seller.

I got burned on this over a year ago on the exact above scenario. When I outlined to PayPal the fraud that the seller was perpetrating, and their loophole, PayPal's response was a shrug, stating that you cannot change a nonreceipt claim to a SNAD claim. They don't see it as two separate issues; instead they interpret it as the buyer trying to change the facts. Dumb.

I had to pursue a chargeback through my credit card company. At that point it's your only recourse. PayPal is of no assistance whatsoever.

This is why any time I am about to make a large purchase or with an unknown or suspicious seller, I sweep my PayPal account first and then fund the transaction through my credit card.
  • Options
    coinpicturescoinpictures Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭

<< <i>If you host your own images, you can switch them! You can also make changes to the auction if you put the verbage in an image file and then host it as well. It is not ethical and not something I would do, but it is possible technically... >>

Actually, putting auction terms in an image is against eBay policy. If reported, an auction can be yanked for that.
  • Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,504 ✭✭✭
    I would call the seller. This happened to me once. You would be surprised what a call could do. My issue was resolved with the seller and I was satisfied.
  • Options
    mrpotatoheaddmrpotatoheadd Posts: 7,576 ✭✭

<< <i>I would call the seller. This happened to me once. You would be surprised what a call could do. My issue was resolved with the seller and I was satisfied. >>

The buyer said he did call (you can read his post made on Tuesday March 18, 2008 8:45 AM):

After seeing sellers feedback, I refused to send a check. after CALLING seller twice, I finally paid the paypal with the added 4% THEN reported him for the surcharge. Seller never shipped. I filed non receipt claim.

I THEN received the tracking # and a cpl days later, the WRONG coins.....

I THEN called seller and was told to take a hike......

I don't know- do you think calling again will be any more productive than the last time?
  • Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,504 ✭✭✭
    Did not see his post that he called.
  • Options
    ArizonaJackArizonaJack Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭
    I made the mistake of changing claim type mid process....from non receipt to not as described. Other mistake was reporting the 4% surcharge violation THEN paying it.....

Seller switched images after auction ended, that looks to be the case, original pics were Cam Frankies

Why call again?? Seller has a story and is sticking to it. I lose. Period.

After getting hung up on, I negged sellers feedback 4X, only to get 4 non paying bidder's filed against me, this is while there is a Paypal dispute going on, seller claimed I did not pay, after leaving me pos feedback for the quick pay. The seller has broken every rule known to man as far as Ebay goes, with impunity. Ebay and Paypal DO NOT CARE one bit about fraud. Period.

Learn from my loss folks
    " YOU SUCK " Awarded 5/18/08
  • Options
    ArizonaJackArizonaJack Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭
    Paypal denial REVERSED...I win

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am happy to say, leaving it to Mrs. Aj was the proper thing to do.

A fax on the law firm letterhead and 20 minutes on the phone got our claim reversed, but there are some details you folks should know, to protect yourselves in the future...

1. At sellers insistance, I paid a Paypal " money request " rather than an Ebay "invoice".....very important

Paypal considered the transaction " non Ebay " and refused to look further into the claim after seller had proven delivery. In this case, package could have been an empty box for all Paypal cared.

2. Once a claim is made and closed for non receipt, as I did, you cannot change it and reopen to a not as described.

3. Women have more patience and tact, at least mine does.

Now, the catcher:

Ebay and Paypal both consider this reversal of $$$ a "courtesy refund" and NOT IN ANY WAY a reflection of sellers actions. Seller will keep the money and go unpunished or reprimanded. Ebay is not at all interested in the bait and switch or the 4% surcharge......cutting fraud hurts their bottom line.

End of Story.....
    I got my money back 100%, seller not even a smack on the wrist and will be allowed to continue to charge 4% by avoiding the Ebay invoice...

Dont fall for this trick folks..learn from my mistake.
    Aj
    " YOU SUCK " Awarded 5/18/08
  • Options
    BoomBoom Posts: 10,165
    Good to hear that you got your money! image
  • Options
    a039a039 Posts: 1,546
    After jumping through all the hoops paypal sent me- they denied the claim, I think they do this because a certain percentage of people will quit right then after the all the frustration endured to that point.

I faxed ALL the correspondence and they then found in my favor, makes me a definite paypal skeptic.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file