Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Whitman Type set of small US coins...

lkeneficlkenefic Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
There have been many threads on the Dansco 7070 and I really like how people fill this type set. Years ago, my first type set was impossible and I gave up on it in short order... the Whitman Type set of Small US coinage (Half Cents to Quarters)... Just the Half Cent and Cent types were daunting... Half Cents: 1793 Liberty facing Left; Lib. Cap... Cents: 1793 Chain; 1793 Wreath; Lib Cap... not to mention the Small Eagle Quarter... Has anyone here ever completed this set? If so...got pics??
Collecting: Dansco 7070; Middle Date Large Cents (VF-AU); Box of 20;

Successful BST transactions with: SilverEagles92; Ahrensdad; Smitty; GregHansen; Lablade; Mercury10c; copperflopper; whatsup; KISHU1; scrapman1077, crispy, canadanz, smallchange, robkool, Mission16, ranshdow, ibzman350, Fallguy, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, jwitten, Walkerguy21D, dsessom.

Comments

• Options
    TomBTomB Posts: 20,730 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That two volume set is a beast to attempt to complete and will easily cost upwards of $100,000 to do in VF20.
    Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

• Options
    seanqseanq Posts: 8,575 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have the two volumes and I don't see any way I'll completely fill them both in my lifetime. It's still a much more comprehensive set than the 7070 and will be fun to try. I may also put my clipped type set into a set of these albums, I need to test if the rim is visible enough.

Sean Reynolds
    Incomplete planchets wanted, especially Lincoln Cents & type coins.

"Keep in mind that most of what passes as numismatic information is no more than tested opinion at best, and marketing blather at worst. However, I try to choose my words carefully, since I know that you guys are always watching." - Joe O'Connor
  • Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've got the 2-volume whitman albums that houses my "B" type set, coins that have been upgraded from my Dansco "A" set as well as a few of the tougher and more esoteric types not included in the 7070. I think I have 60 or 61 of the 69 holes in Volume 1 filled, the empties are the usual suspects (1793 copper, small eagle silver, etc.)

a few old snaps:

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    sparky64sparky64 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice collection Baley.
    I kinda like the blue pages.
    The brown paged albums seem to swallow up the darker copper coins and makes them harder to see.

"If I say something in the woods and my wife isn't there to hear it.....am I still wrong?"

My Washington Quarter Registry set...in progress

• Options
    lkeneficlkenefic Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Baley... I KNEW you would have this set!!! Very very cool!!

Is that a 1796 Sm Eagle Quarter I see lurking in the white light of the flash???
    Collecting: Dansco 7070; Middle Date Large Cents (VF-AU); Box of 20;

Successful BST transactions with: SilverEagles92; Ahrensdad; Smitty; GregHansen; Lablade; Mercury10c; copperflopper; whatsup; KISHU1; scrapman1077, crispy, canadanz, smallchange, robkool, Mission16, ranshdow, ibzman350, Fallguy, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, jwitten, Walkerguy21D, dsessom.
  • Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    what, this?

um... no

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file