Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Conversion from GAI 7 to PSA 7?

Hi, I am relatively new to these forums and I had a question regarding GAI to PSA crossovers.

I have about 30 GAI 7 cards that I would like to convert to PSA for use in my 1961 Topps PSA 7 & 8 registry set.

Has anyone had any luck with getting PSA 7’s out of GAI 7’s , or am I looking at 30 PSA 6 cards if I crack?

By the way all are well centered so I don't believe I will have to deal with a potential o/c qualifier. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Adam
Adam
buying O-Pee-Chee (OPC) baseball

Comments

• Options
    bxbbxb Posts: 805 ✭✭
    Adam, can you post some of the scans - we may be better able to answer you if we can see the cards.
    Capecards
  • Options
    envoy98envoy98 Posts: 4,000 ✭✭
    I've always had really good luck with GAI cards, cracking them out and submitting is the only way to go though.
  • Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    Agreed, you have to crack them first.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    What everyone else said.

crack and start over.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,491 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im 0-1 in attempting a crossover and 1-1 in cracking out and submitting.
  • Options
    Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭✭
    I just sent in the cream of the crop of my Mantle collection. These were PSA 8's about 4 years ago. I took my best 10 of about 100 and received 8.5's from GAI about 4 years ago when their grading was legit. Well, they are back at PSA. I'm very excited about this sub. I also sent in my 3 best out of about 50 other major stars in hopes of a bump to the .5. I will post when I get the grades. These are all some monster cards.
    Thanks,
    Mickey71image
  • Options
    blacklabblacklab Posts: 187 ✭✭
    Do not send them in for crossover. You've got to break them out and send in raw.