Home Stamps Forum
Options

Help with this Confederate stamp.....(SCAN)

AllenAllen Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭
Ok, so I am a sports card guy and know nothing about stamps. My dad found this in a bunch of stamps he bought. I guess there is a regular and a variation of this stamp and I am unsure which this is. So what is it and what is it worth? Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    Allen - Your stamp is a genuine unused Confederate States 10c blue green 1863 issue (Scott's #11). If no gum, catalog value is $7.50 and worth maybe $1 because it is soiled. If with gum, catalog value is $15 and worth about $3.
    Richard Frajola
    www.rfrajola.com
  • Options
    Richard, any cool cover stories for CSA #11 ?
  • Options
    Stamp Alarm - Well, one of the more interesting CSA #11 covers recently purchased (at last Rumsey sale) is below. Rather mundane looking but my write up:

1864 from Piedras Negras, Mexico, via Eagle Pass, to Confederate San Antonio, Texas

The Union blockade of the C.S.A. disrupted communications to and from the Confederacy. As the Federal forces
    increased their presence along the Rio Grande River mail transfer points were moved up-river from Brownsville
    and Laredo. By 1864 Eagle Pass was the only secure crossing point for goods and mail.

Richard Frajola
    www.rfrajola.com
  • Options
    Very interesting, nice cover
  • Options
    AllenAllen Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭
    Thanks guys.
  • Options
    Richard do you have any covers that are NOT valuable or of very high quality? image
  • Options
    coverscovers Posts: 624
    EDU - I have some that are not high quality, and some that are not particularly expensive, but NONE that share both of those qualities.

I make up junk boxes and forward those off in quantity to a fellow who sells on ebay for me (cobbie10)
    Richard Frajola
    www.rfrajola.com
  • Options
    Oh yeah I've seen that username on ebay