Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

2001 Capitol Center $5 Gold (PCGS-MS69)!!!! Exceedingly Low Mintage

OK. Last month one of forum members "cleaned me out" of these at around $225 as I recall. I also made MANY forum members very happy selling the MS70 versions of this coin at around $450 or less!! One lucky buyer bought -8- pieces as I recall!! But, that was last month before the mint reported one of the lowest mintages on this coin of any modern gold Commem coin ever!!! Anybody have the exact Mint reported production figures?

I found just a few more PCGS-MS69 lying around and am offering them today at $450. Go check out what these coins are fetching right now on the net!! Free shipping and insurance too in the US only. While supplies last and sale ends tomorrow night. Wondercoin. P.S. The fellow that bought -8- of those MS70 coins told me I could buy one back at a below market price. So, if anyone is interested in owning a PCGS-MS70 version of this coin, the cost is $900 (only one coin available). PM me.
Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.

Comments

• Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,688 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A dealer just emailed me and told me this coin has a mintage of approx. just 6,400 coins!! Second only to the Mint State $5 Gold Commem. J. Robinson with a mintage of around 6,200 pieces, which commands around $800-$900/coin!!! image Wondercoin.
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options
    dbldie55dbldie55 Posts: 7,719 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep pushing...... image

A thread about this coin was on the US forum yesterday. Of course it was aimed at the fact that the high bidder wish AH-Collectables aka Alan Hagar. Maybe you should sell them to him.

BTW. The thread did mention the low mintage of this issue and the relationship to the J. Robinson so this has been mentioned recently as well.

PS. I'm joking about the AH part.
    Collector and Researcher of Liberty Head Nickels. ANA LM-6053
  • Options
    dbldie55: not sure what that word "wish" meant in your last post (perhaps "was"). These coins are also up on ebay in my auctions right now at $475 Buy It Now. I didn't catch that other thread you were referring to, but no question the mintage appears to be quite low (6400?) for the entire country of collectors?? image Wondercoin.
  • Options
    The MS70 has sold. PM me if you are interested in an MS69 coin. Wondercoin.
  • Options
    Mitch,
    The pair I got from you were just beautiful, thanks again! They are much nicer to look at when you see one up close than most photos show. The numbers look real good too!

Larry
    Dabigkahunaimage
  • Options
    dbldie55dbldie55 Posts: 7,719 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mitch, you caught my mis-spelling, and I caught yours in another thread ( I am sure I will have more of these though, I am a Math person and can only spell my own name through years of practice )
    Collector and Researcher of Liberty Head Nickels. ANA LM-6053