Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Official 1977 Topps Mexican FB Set Thread

Just figured this might be an interesting thread for a very overlooked and very difficult set. Any thoughts? Anyone want to share?

I've posted a website with plenty of info at: www.toppsmexican.com.

I'm currently working on two graded sets. One is PSA 8 or better (no qualifiers) and one in PSA whatever. I finished my raw set about last Summer.

I'm sure that there are some out there that love this set, so don't be bashful... It isn't the worst thing in the world to admit to enjoying.

Comments

• Options
    otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭
    Figured I'd add a few images:

• Options
    #5 Registry 1977 Topps Mexican Football set

I see the #5 set is on ebay right now. It has the Payton and Largent. 1/2 a psa graded set
    is a good start. This set is very hard. I see the 1st 8.5 was graded friday and it was
    a Bradshaw. Looks like I will have to send a few in for review to test the waters.
    Always looking for 1977 topps Mexican Football. Packs and boxes. Need cards #21 and #404 bad $.
  • Options
    C'mon Don, share some of your gems. I'd love to see that Sowells and what does a NM-MT Wilbur Jackson actually look like? image
  • Options
    I just completed my raw set, now to focus on my PSA set (25% complete PSA 7 or better)

That is a nice Payton!!!
    Collecting 1977 Topps Mexican Football
  • Options
    calaban7calaban7 Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭
    Great set to collect. I started this set but quit as they are VERY hard to find. You guys have guts. Keep up the good work-------Sonny
    " In a time of universal deceit , telling the truth is a revolutionary act " --- George Orwell
  • Options
    What does a guy do after he completes this set? He tries to do it again!!!

I have decided to go for another raw set, which is 75% complete already.

If you have some of these available, send me an email. Looking for any condition raw and PSA.

Thanks,

Marcel
    cowboydirk@yahoo.com
  • Options
    alifaxwa2alifaxwa2 Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭
    Whats a fair price for a mid grade Mike Webster? That is one card I had been meaning to pick up.
    Looking to have some custom cuts or plain custom cards built? PM me.

Commissions

Check out my Facebook page
  • Options
    I wouldn't call myself a pricing expert on this set as I've only been collecting it for just over a year....

I generally use Scott's price guide at toppsmexican.com, I would say use 50% of his NrMt price, therefore $30 for a raw mid-grade Webster would be fair in my opinion. But this set attracts alot of attention from Steeler & Cowboy collectors out there, plus the fact it is his rookie card.....you may have to pay a bit more for it.

• Options
    My mouth is watering over these. I love them!!

Arriba!
  • Options
    alifaxwa2alifaxwa2 Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I wouldn't call myself a pricing expert on this set as I've only been collecting it for just over a year....

I generally use Scott's price guide at toppsmexican.com, I would say use 50% of his NrMt price, therefore $30 for a raw mid-grade Webster would be fair in my opinion. But this set attracts alot of attention from Steeler & Cowboy collectors out there, plus the fact it is his rookie card.....you may have to pay a bit more for it. >>

Thanks Marcel.

Anyone have one available?
    Looking to have some custom cuts or plain custom cards built? PM me.

Commissions

Check out my Facebook page
  • Options
    Hey folks, all this talk about Mexicans motivated me to put of a huge lot of really nice raw Mexicans on Ebay that we had laying around. It has lots of dupes but also lots of stars and semi stars. All pack fresh from packs we opened. If you are looking for graded we have those in our ebay store as some of you already know image Always willing to make some deals.

Here is the ebay listing item #390035293486.

Thanks - Robert
    www.marksfootballcards.net
  • Options
    How many complete sets are there???

I have one complete set raw.

I'm working on another raw set (80% complete) & slowly working on a PSA 7 or better set (35% complete)

As always, if you have any raw or graded 1977 Topps Mexican Football cards that you wish to sell or trade I would love to hear from you.

Thanks,

Marcel
    cowboydirk@yahoo.com
  • Options
    Working on completing another raw set.

searching for the following cards (any condition):

1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 25, 30, 59, 63, 106, 109, 186, 203, 215, 223, 228, 229, 231, 282, 293, 295, 314, 331, 369, 375, 379, 386, 417, 427, 441, 455, 465, 470, 477, 500, 513, 516, 522

Willing to trade or buy.

Cheers,
  • Options
    recbballrecbball Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭
    I have a 1977 Topps Mexican Rick Volk #8 PSA 3 for sale. SOLD
    Price is $66.00 delivered - same price as the last auction according to VCP.

Latest Auction Prices for: PSA 3 - Average Price: $66.00
    Listing Type: All Auction Buy It Now Best Offer Show: 2550100All Date Auction Link Price Extra
    10/24/09 eBay Auction $66.00

• Options
    MorgothMorgoth Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭
    Scott whats the deal with the Mike Webster RC? Its not listed in SMR at all. I had a PSA 7 and sold it for 200, is it a SP, I haven't seen another one since.
    Currently completing the following registry sets: Cardinal HOF's, 1961 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1972 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1980 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, Bill Mazeroski Master & Basic Sets, Roberto Clemente Master & Basic Sets, Willie Stargell Master & Basic Sets and Terry Bradshaw Basic Set
  • Options
    Webster just seems to sell well as it is a HOF RC. Look at the regular '77 Topps RC. The card is not shortprinted in the Mexican set, but there are active buyers for several teams such as Cowboys, Steelers and Redskins. Hence some of the cards tend to sell for higher premiums than one would expect.
  • Options
    MorgothMorgoth Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭
    What would you estimate a PSA 8 Webster would sell for?
    Currently completing the following registry sets: Cardinal HOF's, 1961 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1972 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1980 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, Bill Mazeroski Master & Basic Sets, Roberto Clemente Master & Basic Sets, Willie Stargell Master & Basic Sets and Terry Bradshaw Basic Set
  • Options
    recbballrecbball Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭
    I have a 1977 Topps mexican Rick Volk #8 PSA 3 for sale.
    Price is $66.00 delivered - same price as the last auction according to VCP

Off e-bay for board member - $55.00 delivered SOLD
  • Options
    Kid4hof03Kid4hof03 Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I recently finished my Cowboys team set. I've got some beaters in there, especially the White and Herrera but I am happy to have the team set complete.

Abe
    Collecting anything and everything relating to Roger Staubach
  • Options
    I'm down to 31 cards to complete my set PSA Set graded 7 or better w/o any qualifiers. Thought I would try listing them here and hopefully be able to pick up few.

Looking for the following cards PSA 7 or better
    2, 12, 20, 54, 66, 89, 161, 164, 176, 181, 188, 229, 236, 238, 244, 282, 295, 299, 332, 344, 349, 382, 384, 402, 404, 417, 434, 448, 486, 513 & 515

please send an email to marcelcoutu@gmail.com if you have anything.

Cheers!
  • Options
    Scottiec2288Scottiec2288 Posts: 911 ✭✭✭
    I know this is an old thread but is anybody collecting these now?
  • Options
    I'm still collecting them... Don't think I'll ever stop! Lol
  • Options
    Might as well update my wantlist.... I've just completed my PSA set, but looking for a few upgrades to get my set to PSA 7 or better w/o any qualifiers.

Looking for the following PSA 7 or Better:
    # 54. Freddie Solomon
    # 66. John Keyworth
    # 89. John McDaniel
    #164. Bob Parsons
    #181. Dan Neal
    #244. Larry Brunson
    #384. Rickey Young
    #404. Ray Jarvis
    #434. Eric Torkelson
    #486. Bobby Thompson
    #513. Fred Dryer

Willing to buy or trade. Please Email to marcelcoutu@gmail.com
  • Options
    blee1blee1 Posts: 713 ✭✭✭
    I'm putting this set together too (raw). Only about half way there and I don't have any of the difficult ones.
    Skips PSA Exchange
    Successful transactions with: yankeeno7, raiderguy10, Beck6, CDsNuts, DaveP01, Dboneesq, Elemenopeo, gameusedhoop, georgebailey2, Goldlabels, gstarling, justmichael, etc

Working on.........
    Tony Dorsett Master Set
    1977 Topps Mexican FB (raw)
    1957 Topps FB Set (raw or graded)