Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Breaking the # 6 1965 Topps Baseball Set - guess the final total

Fellow 1965 Topps Baseball Collectors,

Similar to the other vintage baseball sets that were recently broken up and sold, I will be using "south-florida-heat" to auction the # 6 Current Finest 1965 Topps baseball set card by card on Ebay. Auctions will conclude next week and the week after.

This is one of the sets that I have enjoyed building the most. Over half of this incredible set is graded PSA 9, including stars such as: Clemente, Mays, Berra, Perez RC, Carlton RC, Morgan RC, Ford, Billy Williams, Drysdale, Cepeda, Gibson, McLain RC, Conigliaro RC, Stargell, Colavito, & Uecker. There are also (3) PSA 10's in the set!

SMR is around $ 46 K so I am curious to see what you guys think the break will total.

Thanks and good luck if you choose to bid.

Mike

Comments

• Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭
    $41,335.67
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Options
    RonBurgundyRonBurgundy Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭
    ELEVENTY BILLION DOLLARS.

RON
    Ron Burgundy

Buying Vintage, all sports.
    Buying Woody Hayes, Les Horvath, Vic Janowicz, and Jesse Owens autographed items
  • Options
    theczartheczar Posts: 1,590 ✭✭
    does this mean the 1966 set is next?
  • Options
    bxbbxb Posts: 805 ✭✭
    And when is the 1967 set?
    Capecards
  • Options
    Thanks for the interest in the other sets. The 66 set will be broken sometime later this year and the 67 set will be sold, in the same fashion as the others, late this month or early April.

Thanks,
    Mike
  • Options
    OAKESY25OAKESY25 Posts: 4,726 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    The running total through card # 240 is $ 21,735. Thanks to all who have bid so far. The PSA 9 Denny McLain RC is the only big surprise.

Mike
  • Options
    BasiloneBasilone Posts: 2,492 ✭✭
    My guess is $47,001. Good Luck w/ the sale...the high #s might slow you down a bit.
  • Options
    49853.67image
    succesful deals :richtree, Bosox1976, Bkritz, mknez, SOM, cardcounter2, ddfamf, cougar701, mrG, Griffins : thanks All

Go Phillies
  • Options
    Mike,

I bought the 65 Rose last night. Can't wait to get it.

Marlin
  • Options
    Wow, very nice result on the McLain!
    #10 PSA Set for Topps Baseball currently on eBay under seller deeppurple1.
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    mac

I have no idea I can only wish you all the luck.

I recently sold my set off and made all my dough back and prolly a lil more.

I have a few more cards to sell. It was a fun ride.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    The total on the 1965 set was $ 53,626. 1967 is next up with auctions being started this week and next. Thanks to all who bid on the 1965 set.

Mike
  • Options
    NHLfightguyNHLfightguy Posts: 525 ✭✭
    Any other big surprises on high or low side?
  • Options
    No huge surprises so far although I would say that all of the sets have sold slightly higher than I thought they would.

Mike
  • Options
    BasiloneBasilone Posts: 2,492 ✭✭
    Does the $53k represent the total bid amount or your net after paypal, shipping, ebay fees, etc?

Did you track from the start the dollars you have into the set (including s/h)?
  • Options
    The $ 53 K for the 1965 set was a gross amount, i.e. before paying any fees or commissions for selling the set. I did not keep exact track of everything that went into the set - I wish I was that organized.

Mike

• Options
    Mike when are you going to break that 63 football set. Sure i will send many dollars your way when that comes up
  • Options
    succesful deals :richtree, Bosox1976, Bkritz, mknez, SOM, cardcounter2, ddfamf, cougar701, mrG, Griffins : thanks All

Go Phillies
  • Options
    skinsfan,

The 63 Football set has been sold as a complete set. The buyer is on a payment plan and has paid for about 40% of it so far. I will take it down from the registry after we have fully completed the transaction.

Thanks,
    Mike
  • Options
    Will the 68 BB go up anytime soon?
  • Options
    1968 baseball will be up next - shoud be in the next couple of weeks.

Mike
  • Options
    Cool, thanks!