Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

1909VDB MATTE PROOF LINCOLN POPULATIONS

It appears that ANACS has finally gotten their pop report database up to date, at least as far as Matte Proof Lincoln cents are concerned. I will post the up to date populations as reported by PCGS, NGC & ANACS as of March 13, 2008 for the 1909VDB Matte Proof. If there is enough interest, I will try to post similar information for the other 8 dates.

GRADES----------55----60---61---62-----63----64----65----66----67----68---------TOTAL

PCGS
BROWN----------------------------------------2------4-----2------------------------------------8
RED/BROWN--------------------1----1-------8-----20---23-----6----------------------------59
RED------------------------------------2-------3-------9-----7----7------2---------------------30

NGC
BROWN----------------------------------------1-------3-----4------------------------------------8
RED/BROWN-------------------------------------------6----13----4--------------1-------------24
RED-----------------------------------------------------3------4----8-----------------------------15

ANACS
BROWN------------2------1-------------------2-------1-------------------------------------------6
RED/BROWN--------------------1----1-------6-------3------5----------------------------------16
RED------------------------------------1------------------------------------------------------------1

TOTALS
BROWN------------2------1-------------------5--------8------6---------------------------------22
RED/BROWN--------------------2----2------14------29-----41----10-----------1-------------99
RED------------------------------------3-------3-------12-----11----15----2--------------------39

GRAND TOTAL----2-------1----2----5-------22------49-----58----25----2-----1------------167

Steveimage

Comments

• Options
    ahooka454ahooka454 Posts: 3,466
    Great job on the info. Thanks for the work involved.
  • Options
    MarkJudeMarkJude Posts: 355 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the taking the time to put together the complete listing.

I'm here to learn a little something...
    Mark's Mattes
    Mark's Cameo SMS Set
    Mark's Non-Cameo SMS Set
  • Options
    SteveSteve Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭

Sorry for the spacing problem. The preview was different than the final product. I'll try and EXCEL spreadsheet as a file to capture the whole thing. It may take some time. Steveimage

• Options
    DMWJRDMWJR Posts: 5,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Steve, thanks for your efforts. I realize you are focused on the total population of MPL's out there regardless of grade, but I have a question about the ANACS stats.

Does ANACS put net graded coins in their pop reports? I was just wondering about those 2 55's and 1 60, and whether they were probably cleaned or actually circulated.
    Doug
  • Options
    SteveSteve Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Steve, thanks for your efforts. I realize you are focused on the total population of MPL's out there regardless of grade, but I have a question about the ANACS stats.

Does ANACS put net graded coins in their pop reports? I was just wondering about those 2 55's and 1 60, and whether they were probably cleaned or actually circulated. >>

Doug,
    To answer your question, I REALLY don't know. Based on my periodic reviewing of the ANACS pop reports over the years, my guess is that IF they really net graded any 1909VDB Matte proofs they didn't account for them that way. They just reported the grade. I do know that they "cleaned up" their Matte Proof data recently. The total had shown 25 although it had been 23 for a long time. Now they are back to 23. The 2 PR55's they show have been there for many years. Steveimage