Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

New MPL player

I don't know the brother, but here's a big welcome to the McCullagh Collection at #33. Maybe he'll swing around and introduce himself.
Every man is a self made man.

Comments

• Options
    BWRCBWRC Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭

Welcome McCullagh collection!
    Brian Wagner Rare Coins, Specializing in PCGS graded, Shield, Liberty and Buffalo Nickels varieties.
  • Options
    SteveSteve Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I don't know the brother, but here's a big welcome to the McCullagh Collection at #33. Maybe he'll swing around and introduce himself. >>

Curly & others. Here's a thought regarding position in the Set Registry. The new McCullagh collection is at #33 in the "All Time Finest" grouping and is at #26 in the "Current" grouping. I tend to think we should reference positioning in the Set Registry based on the Current position rather than the All Time Finest position because the owner of THAT set no longer has it. What do you think?

As a secondary question, what is Stewart doing with his 1910?

Steveimage
  • Options
    ambro51ambro51 Posts: 13,620 ✭✭✭✭✭

...He cracked it out and spent it at a Kwik-E-Mart!
  • Options
    curlycurly Posts: 2,880

<< <i>

<< <i>I don't know the brother, but here's a big welcome to the McCullagh Collection at #33. Maybe he'll swing around and introduce himself. >>

Curly & others. Here's a thought regarding position in the Set Registry. The new McCullagh collection is at #33 in the "All Time Finest" grouping and is at #26 in the "Current" grouping. I tend to think we should reference positioning in the Set Registry based on the Current position rather than the All Time Finest position because the owner of THAT set no longer has it. What do you think?

Steveimage >>

I never paid that much attention to it. You're right, he is at #26.

I don't know about Stewart's 1910. It sure is a beauty. Makes ol' curly wish he'd spent more of his youth on studies and less of it on wine, women, and song. image
    Every man is a self made man.
  • Options
    BWRCBWRC Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

Steveimage >>

Steve,
    I agree with you on the ranking, I always refer to the current finest status.

Stewart has another 1910 PR67RD that he will be adding to his set to move back to the #1 spot. I saw this coin at Baltimore. Blazing PR67RD in old rattle holder. The old style holder was amazingly preserved without a scratch on it. Both the coin and holder were amazing.!
    Brian Wagner Rare Coins, Specializing in PCGS graded, Shield, Liberty and Buffalo Nickels varieties.