Home Sports Talk
Options

yankee stadium final game.

an nhl game? im not a yankee fan but i think the last memory of yankee stadium should be a yankee game... would be a smart move by the nhl to have rangers islanders to play there. but just seems weird to me. that stadium goes down. it should go down with ruth gerhig dimaggio mantle etc..

link

Comments

• Options
    Hopefully my final memory of Yankee Stadium will be seeing that place crumble into dust.
  • Options
    MichiganMichigan Posts: 4,942
    A hockey game as the final sporting event in "the house that Ruth built" just does not seem right, nothing against hockey per se but that
    just seems like an insult to the memory of all the great baseball players that have appeared there over the years.
  • Options
    I believe many Yankee fans are against this hockey idea, but we need to remember that tradition will always submit to the almighty dollar.image
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    Considering they wouldn't play the game until after the baseball season is over, what's the big deal?

So they should refuse any other activites to be held there? It should just sit there completely empty until the recking ball knocks it down?

Keep in mind the stadium that the old Yankee greats played in went down in the '70s.

I'm just sayin....
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts