Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

insured shipping to Lithuania

I had a few Lithuanian coins for sale this past week. A person from Lithuania won a few auctions. Wow the coins are going home. I asked at the post office about insurance. They said their is a reciprocal agreement with most countries. Unfortunately Lithuania is not one of them. How would you send a package insured at just over $100 to Lithuania safely?? The sale was thru e-bay so I would need to be able to prove delivery electronically.
Thanks

Comments

• Options
    Check with DHL, FedEx, UPS in that order. At least one of them probably will insure delivery to Lithuania, but it may be expensive.
    Roy

• Options
    well DHL wanted $119.60 to send it. I imaging it was overnight.
    Spoke to a different postal clerk and wound up sending it registered.
    Cost was $16 and is insured for athe max at about $50.
    Better then nothing but at least I know not to sell high ticket
    items overseas. Thanks for the help.
  • Options
    BobSavBobSav Posts: 913 ✭✭✭
    Good luck with your package. We ( my family ) use to send packages of household items and clothing etc. Back to the "old" country - Lithuania .

1 out of 4 never made it . We got use to it and just sent smaller packages more often.

We never sent during the holiday periods, those packages NEVER made it there.

Bob
    Past transactions with:
    Lordmarcovan, WTCG, YogiBerraFan, Phoenin21, LindeDad, Coll3ctor, blue594, robkoll, Mike Dixon, BloodMan, Flakthat and others.
  • Options
    coinpicturescoinpictures Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭
    DSI insures to Lithuania...