Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Newbiecollector 10K giveaway celebration! *** WINNERS IN FIRST POST ***

Our esteemed Newbiecollector just crossed the big 10,000 post milestone, and we're havin' a PARTY!

Hardly a "Newbie" anymore, is he?

He was lamenting the fact that he didn't have anything giveaway-suitable, as if his presence here (and his own world coin forum on 24hourforums.com) wasn't enough!

He's gotta be the humblest guy I know.

Well, it's time we threw him a party.

So post ONCE to enter. Three prizes, three chances, one post. (Edit- no, make that FOUR.)

Winners will be selected by random number generator whenever Wayne tells me to do the drawing. And he can enter his own giveaway for a chance to win two of the three prizes!

UPDATE: Winners announced!

First, the Marc Antony legionary denarius, circa 1st century BC. From Wayne and I.

ASUTodd won! (I'm pretty sure I have your address, Todd.)

Next, a lovely Red BU South Africa halfpenny with a ship on it! From Wayne.

Bailathacl won! (You two PM each other).

Next, a 1795 Conder token (Middlesex D&H 985). From Farthing.

Iomsir won! (You two PM each other).

Last, a 1749 Dutch East India Company copper 1-duit piece, that was shipwreck salvaged. From Aethelred.

Newbiecollector won part of his own giveaway! LOL.

(Hey, Wayne- there's no use protesting. The random number generator said so! Michael sent me the coin, and I can send it to you.)

If you don't wanna win part of your own giveaway, just tell me who to send it to.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.

Comments

• Options
    farthingfarthing Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭
    LM, Please don't enter my name in the giveaway for Newbiecollector - but I'll send you a Conder token to include in the booty for the actual winner. I always enjoy whatever coins he posts here.
    R.I.P. Wayne, Brad
    Collecting:
    Conder tokens
    19th & 20th Century coins from Great Britain and the Realm
  • Options
    BBQnBLUESBBQnBLUES Posts: 1,803
    Congrats "NewbieCollector" & a Big shout out to Rob.... for this nice surprise giveaway...
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    (Updated: there are now THREE prizes. Thanks, farthing and Wayne!)

Scroll down...

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    Many thanks to everyone involved for keeping this forum such a respectful and interesting place.

Please enter me

Dr J
  • Options
    farthingfarthing Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭
    At this time I have no idea which conder it will be since I'm not home (or in the US for that matter) - but it will have a ship on it!
    R.I.P. Wayne, Brad
    Collecting:
    Conder tokens
    19th & 20th Century coins from Great Britain and the Realm
  • Options
    OK

Since my own give away.............that was never started actually........got hi-jacked............

I will throw in one of these to Rob's winner

Becoming informed but still trying to learn every day!
    1-Dammit Boy Oct 14,2003

International Coins
    "A work in progress"

Wayne
    eBay registered name:
    Hard_ Search (buyer/bidder, a small time seller)
    e-mail: wayne.whatley@gmail.com
  • Options
    oldshepoldshep Posts: 3,240
    Wayne is certainly one of the good guys!! He was one of the influences on my collecting ship coins. Congrats to Newbie!!!!

I'll find a ship coin or two to throw into the giveway pot.
    Shep
  • Options
    Thanks for the chance.
    Please enter me
  • Options
    I'm in image

~
  • Options
    DBSTrader2DBSTrader2 Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭✭
    CONGRATS & Thanks, Newbie!!

Also thanks to Lordmarcovan & farthing, for your generous giveaway!!

Please enter me in the giveaway!!

- - Daveimage
  • Options
    Keep on scrolling... I added the prize that Wayne and I jointly purchased, down below...

• Options
    I'm in, thanks for the giveaway!
    imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    guess i'll join in the giveaway as well, since Wayne is parting with SA copper!!!!

congrats and thanks for the information and all of the posts that you have made!!
    Cecil
    Total Copper Nutcase - African, British Ships, Channel Islands!!!
    'Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup'
  • Options
    DorkGirlDorkGirl Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭
    Don't add my name to the giveaway, I won his giveaway at the 24 hour forums. I just wanted to add my congrats to a very nice person.image
    Becky
  • Options
    laserartlaserart Posts: 2,255
    Hi Wayne, nice job man. Now more importantly what will your new title be?

And I'm not too bashful to enter this giveaway, image
    "If I had a nickel for every nickel I ever had, I'd have all my nickels back".
  • Options
    JohnsCoinsJohnsCoins Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭
    Count me in.
    Thanks for the chance.
    John
  • Options
    Ooohh baby. image

Thanks for the chance. image
    The meaning of life ? I don't know but I am sure that coins have something to do with it.

Zar's Ebay
  • Options
    I'm in image
  • Options
    ASUtoddASUtodd Posts: 1,312 ✭✭
    You KNOW I'm in!!
    Todd
  • Options
    Wow congrats to Newbiecollector and a very big hats off to Rob for hosting a giveaway in someone elses name. Just goes to show the true "family " of coin heads . I am honored to be a part (even if only little) of the CU and hope to be here for many years to come.

Please count me in .

Thanks

JP
  • Options
    Rickc300Rickc300 Posts: 876 ✭✭

<< <i>Wow congrats to Newbiecollector and a very big hats off to Rob for hosting a giveaway in someone elses name. Just goes to show the true "family " of coin heads . I am honored to be a part (even if only little) of the CU and hope to be here for many years to come. >>

Well said and I agree!

Thanks for the chance,

Rick
    Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Freedom is a well armed lamb contesting that vote. Benjamin Franklin - 1779

1836 Capped Liberty
    dime. My oldest US
    detecting find so far.
    I dig almost every
    signal I get for the most
    part. Go figure...
  • Options
    OmegaOmega Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the chance!image
  • Options
    I just stumbled across the perfect giveaway coin for a Newbiecollector ship-themed celebration, and Wayne and I went 50-50 on the price.

It's hard to beat for historical context, it's silver, well over two thousand years old, and it has a ship on it.

Not only does it have a ship on it, but it was also struck under the authority of one of the participants in a famous naval battle: the Battle of Actium, in 31 BC.

Certainly this coin would date to before that year, I would think.

In the Battle of Actium, Mark Antony and Cleopatra were defeated by Octavian, who later assumed the title "Augustus", and became the first Roman emperor. Talk about famous historical figures on all sides!

The coin will be coming from Rutten & Wieland in Switzerland.

It is a silver denarius of Mark Antony, with a galley on the reverse!

<< <i>Marc Antony Legionary Denarius, Galley reverse. 16-17 mm, 3.15 g, Fine/good fine. >>

I just bought another coin from their inventory, which I'll be showing off soon, so it was easy enough to add this one to my cart.

Now there are THREE prizes: the Mark Antony denarius from Wayne and I, the red BU SA halfpenny from Wayne, and the Conder token from farthing! This is one hot giveaway, I think! I almost wish I could enter it myself!

By the way, as a condition of allowing Wayne to pay for half of the Mark Antony, I have insisted that he have an equal chance to win that coin as any other contestant. If his number comes up in the random drawing for it, he'll win his own giveaway! (Of course he will have paid for half of it himself). Ditto for farthing's Conder token- I am sure farthing will agree that Wayne should have an equal chance to win that prize, too. This makes him a contestant for two of the three prizes here. Of course if the random number generator picks him as the winner of his own South Africa halfpenny, then we'll draw again.

• Options
    (Edited- prize posted above, now.)

• Options
    clarkbar04clarkbar04 Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm in!

I think at 10K posts its time for a different SN!!
    MS66 taste on an MS63 budget.
  • Options
    Awesome! Count me in, please!

Congrats on the 10,000, too!

William
  • Options
    cascadecascade Posts: 151 ✭✭
    10,000 posts is alot for any forum! Way to go! I'd like to enter as well.
  • Options
    mcheathmcheath Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭
    Congrats on 10,000k and please add my name to the list.
  • Options
    (Edited: prize posted above.)

• Options
    (Edited: prize posted above.)

• Options
    Musky1011Musky1011 Posts: 3,899 ✭✭✭✭
    count me in

Thnx
    Jim
    Pilgrim Clock and Gift Shop.. Expert clock repair since 1844

Menomonee Falls Wisconsin USA

http://www.pcgs.com/SetRegistr...dset.aspx?s=68269&ac=1">Musky 1861 Mint Set
  • Options
    rgCoinGuyrgCoinGuy Posts: 7,478
    Congrats! Please count me in, thank you! Very image
    imageQuid pro quo. Yes or no?
  • Options
    robkoolrobkool Posts: 5,934 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Count me in too...

Thanks Rob & Wayne...
  • Options
    trozautrozau Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    Way to go, Wayne! Congrats on the 10K milestone. image
    trozau (troy ounce gold)
  • Options
    direwolf1972direwolf1972 Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭
    A big congrats and please include me. Thanks for the chance.
    I'll see your bunny with a pancake on his head and raise you a Siamese cat with a miniature pumpkin on his head.

You wouldn't believe how long it took to get him to sit still for this.

• Options
    johnsim03johnsim03 Posts: 992 ✭✭
    Congratulations and thanks for the chance!

John
    John C. Knudsen, LM ANA 2342, LM CSNS 337
    SFC, US Army (Ret.) 1974-1994
  • Options
    Please enter me.
    Tony Harmer
    Isle of Man
  • Options
    baddspellarbaddspellar Posts: 270 ✭✭✭
    Count me in!
    Thanks
  • Options

<< <i>Congrats on 10,000k and please add my name to the list. >>

Wow - 10 million posts. image

You'd think Wayne's fingers would be worn down to the second knuckle. imageimage
    The meaning of life ? I don't know but I am sure that coins have something to do with it.

Zar's Ebay
  • Options
    This site is out of site,

please, count me in.
    Remember, I'm pullen for ya; we're all in this together.---Red Green---
  • Options
    laserartlaserart Posts: 2,255

<< <i>

<< <i>Congrats on 10,000k and please add my name to the list. >>

Wow - 10 million posts. image

You'd think Wayne's fingers would be worn down to the second knuckle. imageimage >>

They were worn down at 10,000.
    "If I had a nickel for every nickel I ever had, I'd have all my nickels back".
  • Options
    I've got to get in on this one.
    Congrats to a nice guy. Hope you get 100,000 more (at least).
    Molon Labe
  • Options
    BailathaclBailathacl Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭

Woohoo, thank you, I'm in....! Thoughtful giveaway from thoughtful people...

"The Internet? Is that thing still around??" - Homer Simpson
  • Options
    Hey, UKC, what happened to you? I had some coins on hold for you, but you never answered my last PM.

If you don't want 'em, that's OK. No hurt feelin's here. Just didn't hear back from you and figured you'd dropped off the forums.

I will return them to the antique mall tomorrow.

• Options
    olmanjonolmanjon Posts: 1,187
    The people on this forumn really make me proud to say that I am a member. Congrats on 10,000, and way to go Lord M. Count me in.
    Proud recipiant of the Lord M "you suck award-March-2008"
    http://bit.ly/bxi7py
  • Options
    AethelredAethelred Posts: 9,288 ✭✭✭
    Conga-rats on hitting 10K Wayne, please count me in on the giveaway.

To help Wayne celebrate I am adding a ship coin of sorts to the giveaway. It does not have a ship on it, but it is a Dutch coin dated 1749 from a shipwreck. I will mail it to Rob Thursday and he can decide who gets it.image
    If you are in the Western North Carolina area, please consider visiting our coin shop:

WNC Coins, LLC
    1987-C Hendersonville Road
    Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com
  • Options
    Just PM me a pic and I'll post it, O Musty Moldering Monarch.

Don't ship it to me and make me re-ship it, 'cause then some poor sod who wins it will have to rely on ... *gasp*... LordM Shipping Turnaround! image

Aaiiiieeee! 1964-D Jefferson nickels will be rare collectors items by the time it gets to its destination!

(Seriously, tho', one prize might already take a while- the Mark Antony piece might take a some time to come from Switzerland. But you never know- a recent newp of mine came from the Netherlands in four days!)

• Options
    Thanks 'old dead king..........I appreciate it and I think Rob knows I'm a bit flabbergasted about the whole thing.

At my age I thought I had done most things but I admit...............................I never failed before on trying to have my own giveawayimage

Thank you all my freinds
    Becoming informed but still trying to learn every day!
    1-Dammit Boy Oct 14,2003

International Coins
    "A work in progress"

Wayne
    eBay registered name:
    Hard_ Search (buyer/bidder, a small time seller)
    e-mail: wayne.whatley@gmail.com
  • Options
    How'd you fail? You're right here with that SA halfpenny and you paid for MORE than the half of that ancient coin I was gonna let you pay half of!

• Options
    dcamp78dcamp78 Posts: 1,082 ✭✭
    Congrats on 10K! Count me in...

Big Dave
    Big Dave
    -------------------------
    Good trades with: DaveN, Tydye, IStillLikeZARCoins, Fjord, Louie, BRdude
    Good buys from: LordMarcovan, Aethelred, Ajaan, PrivateCoinCollector, LindeDad, Peaceman, Spoon, DrJules, jjrrww
    Good sale to: Nicholasz219