Home Metal Detecting
Options

I see some changes in Kellyco's prices on the "starter" detectors. Interesting...

lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
Kellyco's $29-299 category. Note the cheap price on the Garrett Ace 250 seems to be gone. Now the 150 is priced higher than the 250 used to be!

The Fisher F-2 at $199 looks intriguing for a < $200 machine.

When money's less tight, I might pick up an inexpensive machine as a backup/loaner. I miss my old Troy Shadow X2 for its simplicity and light weight, and awesome depth potential.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.

Comments

• Options
    AhmanfanAhmanfan Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭✭
    I see the 150 is $150 with accessories. is that more than the 250 used to be?

is that a good beginning detector/decent price on it?
    John
    Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, that's about the same. Looking again, I see I was mistaken.

There's the 250, at the old price, and the 150, also seemingly at the old price.

I see what it is, now. I was lookin' at the "Pro package" prices. The regular prices are right there, like they always were. I just overlooked them. image

I suppose this means the Ace 250 (regular package deal) is still one of the best values out there for a starter machine.

I still say the little Fisher F2 looks interesting, for an inexpensive detector, though. I hadn't seen it before.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.