Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

PCGS, NGC & . . . PCI?

With all of the turmoil within and between ICG & ANACS, could PCI break out as a new major player?

Think they may possibly give the top two a run?

Best,

John
Need the following OBW rolls to complete my 46-64 Roosevelt roll set:
1947-P & D; 1948-D; 1949-P & S; 1950-D & S; and 1952-S.
Any help locating any of these OBW rolls would be gratefully appreciated!

Comments

• Options
    Absolutely not! Not in my world anyway.

RegistryNut image
  • Options
    Whoops! That sounded kinda harsh.

I meant to say, no, not in my opinion.

RegistryNut image
  • Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have to agree with RegisteryNut here. ANACS is the ONLY one of the three that I have had success with crossing to PCGS.

JMHO image
  • Options
    WaterSportWaterSport Posts: 6,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess we will have to wait and see what the Business Plan for PCI is going to be now that DLRC owns it. They are claiming they will have tighter grading standards than the old PCI. That in its self, could establish favor among collectors. PCI despite what you may hear or think does have a small following. So a base of unknown size may exist to spring board submissions, and that would lead to getting them to market. But realize one thing. Correctly graded PCI coins are not a threat to NGC or PCGS. In fact, it will boost their income with folks who will want to cross new PCI coins at NGC and PCGS.

WS
    Proud recipient of the coveted PCGS Forum "You Suck" Award Thursday July 19, 2007 11:33 PM and December 30th, 2011 at 8:50 PM.
  • Options
    headsplitter2headsplitter2 Posts: 459 ✭✭✭
    Here's a link PCI for those who want to know.

JD
    "Only 2 things are certain
    Death and Taxes" ~~ Ben Franklin
    https://www.pcgs.com/setregistry/u-s-coins/mint-sets/1945-mint-set/publishedset/21067
    Knutson's 45' Set 2009 Winner
  • Options
    Dan50Dan50 Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭
    This thread has "NOTHING" to do with the PCGS registry.
    A US coin forum topic if ever there were one.....image
    Dan
  • Options
    fcloudfcloud Posts: 12,133 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>This thread has "NOTHING" to do with the PCGS registry.
    A US coin forum topic if ever there were one.....image >>

I do think this has a lot to do with the PCGS Registry because many coins are crossed or cracked and submitted for grading, and many of those coins will come from the new PCI holders.

<< <i>With all of the turmoil within and between ICG & ANACS, could PCI break out as a new major player? >>

The new PCI could have a chance, but the coins graded by the middle version of that company won't go away, so no matter how credible the become (in my opinion) the years where the coins are overgraded are their biggest issue. PCI will most likey change the label again and they could go back to the standards of Hallmark (DQB days I believe), but these middle coins are there no matter what.

President, Racine Numismatic Society 2013-2014; Variety Resource Dimes; See 6/8/12 CDN for my article on Winged Liberty Dimes; Ebay