Home Coin Swaps, Tags and Giveaways

Comment about swaps

I've been in a couple of swaps and have a question. The average price-range has hung around the $25-$35 range. When I read the follow-ups, it seems to me like many are going well above this range. How are you guys able to send what to me seem like such large packages without going over the range? I read the threads and then wonder if the person I sent too will feel as if he/she is getting jipped by having me send to them. I don't have a large budget for coins, and as such, I try to stay right at the upper limit of the range. After reading some of the packages in this last swap, I feel like I should just leave the swaps to you guys with deeper pockets than what I have.
imageimage

Comments

• Just as long as you stay in the range don't worry. Maybe they had those coins for a while at a cheaper purchase. Or they were able to score on a good buy.
    But you are right. The people here are very generous. And if i can I am too. But don't feel bad about being in range. I did about 5 swaps with no problem and a lot of nice aquisitions.
    Joe, jd820, image
  • Hey Gacoin, you know what they say "one man's trash is another man's treasure". image Don't bail out on the swaps, how else will you get swap material. I don't think that everyone views value the same, I just like getting new coins to look at, and like to send out neat assortments If I can. Hang in there dude!image
    Terry

eBay Store

DPOTD Jan 2005, Meet the Darksiders
  • jeff,

your swap as excellent. Value was good but even better you did an excellent job of catering to me request. It was great.

thanks,
    matt
    "the world is full of kings and queens, they blind your eyes and steal your dreams, it's Heaven and Hell"
  • i think what mact said was of some importance here! I agree with the other's also. I do not have the deep pockets that some here do. When I send, I start with, what i have grown tired of. Base a value off it.Do understand, i do ask for prefference from my partner(haven't heard gold yet...whew)After I get done with my tradeables, I start the hunt.I don't like to send a package i wouldn't like to get, but other peoples collecting habits do vary.I don't collect cent,but would send them to a cent collector. I have gone shopping before because I wanted to send something that i knew would be liked. This last approach has proved very costly and semi embarassing. I now collect morgan's and did actully ask that person to trade me for that first dollar, so i could have my first morgan backimage That took awhile to muster up the nerve...esh.Mistakes happen too!

Last i say, Louie's swap finally has some people signed up, and you shouldn't think twice about being involved!
    Enjoy the trade, I will!

ttyl

dan
    image It's Her's
  • I don't have deep pockets myself, but thankfully I have a rather large collection to choose swap material from. I try to, based on book value target for the upper range of the spread. If I have (or you as the case may be) fullfilled your end of the bargain and somebody else sends you more than the alloted amount consider it a bonus, something you didn't expect to get. Don't let it stop you from being in a swap, speaking of which I should be in more myself.
    So many coins, so little money!
    Ebay name: bhil3
  • MacCoinMacCoin Posts: 2,545 ✭✭
    I been doing swaps for every month for over a year and I have been buying and upgradeing my collection so I use the trades to dump some of the coins I upgraded and some coin I don't collect and if it a little over the 35.00 thats ok with me. it will just help the next guy out a little and that ain't a bad thing. beside a lot of board members have helped me out alot. you have come to the site with the best people on the web.

I hate it when you see my post before I can edit the spelling.

Always looking for nice type coins

my local dealer
  • LouieLouie Posts: 1,132
    My pockets are not very deep. Being 70 and on social security, funds sometimes get short. However, I like to send a bunch of coins, especially to new collectors, so they can have a wide range of coins to collect/save/trade, on the next swap. A lot of collectors are specialized and those people cannot be helped by a swap like this. I don't think you will ever see a gold coin being swapped. So the 25-35 dollar range is just an estimate. I like to send a bunch of stuff and it usually goes over the 35.00 range but the coins are of no use to me and hopefully they will help someone else.

Also, thanks guys for entering my swap. I was feeling left out there for quite a while because nobody joined up. My faith have been restored. Louie
  • I've only been in one swap, and I was starting to feel the same way you do image, but after reading the posts of our more "seasoned" veterans, I feel a whole lot better image. I think danarchy hit it right on the head "I don't like to send a package i wouldn't like to get". If anyone is dissatisfied with one of my swaps image (and like I've said - I've only been in one, but plan to be in many more), I would hope they would let me know (PM me), because that is the only way to learn if what your doing is pleasing others. By the way danarchy, if you want to send me some gold, I wouldn't reject it!image
    Rich
  • Danarchy is correct as are all the other posts

matt
    "the world is full of kings and queens, they blind your eyes and steal your dreams, it's Heaven and Hell"