Home Coin Swaps, Tags and Giveaways
Options

totally neat giveaway challenge: join the army, see the navy! post a scan of the new colorized $5 an

could not resist this line from the Marx Brothers Duck Soup. Here I'm combining my two loves of numismatics, coins and currency. three coin prizes: 1899 Barber dime in F, unc 1944s 1 centavo, CU, gorgeous 1945d 20 centavos!. Here are the rules: whoever is first to scan the front of the new colorized $5(NOT the specimen example!image) get's first choice of the 3 prizes. if it happens to be a pure radar or repeater(what I hunt for btw...)you get two prizes of your choice. if you post the first regular note and another later on that is the first radar/repeater you win that way too! if you post the remainder note you win the final prize. in other words, if you scan a 2nd radar when the remainder repeater is needed, you don't win the third prize. pretty clear I think but PM if you wish. Needless to say if you post the amazing xyyxxyyx repeater/radar first, you win all 3! the rare 8 solid wins all three as well, but you'll be laughing to the bank as it is! good luck and be quick!!
USPI minimalist design collage
designset
Treasury Seals Type Set

Comments

• Options
    Have these notes been released yet? Has anyone seen one?
    To support LordM's European Trip, click here!
  • Options
    Ummmmm..... interesting...... but I have no earthly idea what you are talking about??

Uneducated guess: A $5.00 bill/currency/note that has been 'reworked' like the higher denominations...?

But, please explain (in kindergarten terms) what this means:

"if you post the first regular note and another later on that is the first radar/repeater you win that way too! if you post the remainder note you win the final prize. in other words, if you scan a 2nd radar when the remainder repeater is needed, you don't win the third prize."

radar = ?
    remainder = ?
    repeater = ?
  • Options
    BECOKABECOKA Posts: 16,957 ✭✭✭
    Shoot, I spent it. image
  • Options

is this what you are talking about?
  • Options

• Options
    becoka-that's the specimen alright. release is sometime this month I believe...
    designset
    Treasury Seals Type Set
  • Options
    HeywoodHeywood Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭
    I picked this up yesterday around 12:30 from the BEP gift shop, they would only change one per person.

A witty saying proves nothing- Voltaire (1694 - 1778)

An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor

does the truth become error because nobody will see it. -Mohandas K. Gandhi (1869-1948)
  • Options
    we have a first winner!! nice going Heywood! any first fave?
    designset
    Treasury Seals Type Set
  • Options
    can you throw up the back of the note btw?
    designset
    Treasury Seals Type Set
  • Options
    I actually went back a few times, but I don't think I had a chance at a radar-
    I was looking for 13701370

does the truth become error because nobody will see it. -Mohandas K. Gandhi (1869-1948)
  • Options

<< <i>
    radar = ?
    remainder = ?
    repeater = ? >>

Still wondering what these terms mean??? Anyone....?
  • Options
    DBSTrader2DBSTrader2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭✭
    Not sure of "remainder", but they all reference the serial #. A "radar" is one which reads the same frontwards & backwards, like the word itself. I have one such in my collection. A "repeater" should be one which repeats sequences of numbers, like 12301230, etc.

- - Daveimage
  • Options
    simple: if someone next posts a radar for the 2nd prize, the "remainder" is the repeater(3rd prize)!
    designset
    Treasury Seals Type Set
  • Options
    I think that the 20 centavos put my cleaned piece to shame so I would like that one- Still looking for the Radars and repeaters ( and stars!)

• Options
    ttt, still waiting for radar/repeater
    designset
    Treasury Seals Type Set
  • Options

<< <i>ttt, still waiting for radar/repeater >>

or
  • Options
    And a couple of radars:
    or
  • Options
    we have the winners!!imageimageimageimageimage

Heywood takes the 20 centavo, Dan, the dime and centavo!

thanks for playing our game. coins go out this week, please PM me your full name and address!
    designset
    Treasury Seals Type Set