Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

I need empty 1989 Fleer boxes**

** First let me start off by saying that I am in no way affiliated with that Stephine/Gary tool

That out of the way
For all who don't know I collect just about everything Gary Carter related. For a bit of time I have been attempting to add to my collection some 1989 Fleer Wax, Cello, Rack and Red Factory Set empty boxes. They all have Carter pictured and since this board has just about everything I was hoping that there might be some for sale ~ if not can anyone point me in the right direction
Thanks for your time
Mike
Gary Carter Fans check out www.thekid8.com

Comments

• Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
    Are you building a house or a bar?

• Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Are you building a house or a bar?

image >>

Mike
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In all seriousness Mike - that's a tough one.

I mean - there's so little demand for that year empty box, that I think it would be hard to find someone who saved them - tho anything is possible.

Now - if ya strike out, have ya considered picking up a few boxes from the BBCExchange? 9 bucks. And ya get to rip some packs and pick up a few Kenny Jr RCs!

Good luck tho
    mike
    Mike
  • Options
    I think I would just buy some complete boxes** and leave them that way. They don't really cost much, plus the packs will help them keep there shape and all.

Clear Skies,
    Mark

PS: Nice collection.
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • Options
    My local card store has some case fresh 1st series cello boxes. I would split a box with you and you can have the box and pay for shipping.
  • Options
    thekid8thekid8 Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭

<< <i>My local card store has some case fresh 1st series cello boxes. I would split a box with you and you can have the box and pay for shipping. >>

Sounds good ~~~ PM sent
    Thanks
    Mike
    Gary Carter Fans check out www.thekid8.com

• Options
    ajwajw Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    Gary Carter has a perm.
  • Options
    DavidPuddyDavidPuddy Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Gary Carter has a perm. >>

Oh no he didn't just go there!
    "The Sipe market is ridiculous right now"
    CDsNuts, 1/9/15
  • Options
    Have an empty box you can have - don't really know how to ship, but think I've figured out a way to get it to you cheap.
  • Options
    I have one full box of 89 Fleer. (I almost just typed one full box..., but that would have brought out some weird responses.) Make an offer via PM, and it's yours. I'll charge you exact shipping via USPS.
    #10 PSA Set for Topps Baseball currently on eBay under seller deeppurple1.
  • Options
    jayhawkejayhawke Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Are you building a house or a bar? >>

You left out boat.

Sorry I don't have any boxes.
  • Options
    EstilEstil Posts: 6,923 ✭✭✭✭
    I agree with the previous posters; the full boxes are still really cheap (don't forget the retail factory set has Mr. Carter on it too) so why not just get those? Full boxes are always better than empty ones (as long as the full ones are affordable and out there of course).
    WISHLIST
    Dimes: 54S, 53P, 50P, 49S, 45D+S, 44S, 43D, 41S, 40D+S, 39D+S, 38D+S, 37D+S, 36S, 35D+S, all 16-34's
    Quarters: 52S, 47S, 46S, 40S, 39S, 38S, 37D+S, 36D+S, 35D, 34D, 32D+S
    74 Topps: 37,38,46,47,48,138,151,193,210,214,223,241,256,264,268,277,289,316,435,552,570,577,592,602,610,654,655
    1997 Finest silver: 115, 135, 139, 145, 310
    1995 Ultra Gold Medallion Sets: Golden Prospects, HR Kings, On-Base Leaders, Power Plus, RBI Kings, Rising Stars