imageimage

Comments

• Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,864 ✭✭✭✭✭
    PO-1* ........courtesy of NGC.........image
  • Options
    BECOKABECOKA Posts: 16,957 ✭✭✭
    And why would it BB?

Unless there is some environmental damage that I can't see it looks pretty good from here.
  • Options

<< <i>And why would it BB?

Unless there is some environmental damage that I can't see it looks pretty good from here. >>

I would think that the "dings/pockmarks" (3 small on obverse - 1 large on reverse) would get it BB'd?? (I've never yet submitted a coin for grading, but that was my guess).
  • Options
    That is by far the most worn coin with a date I have ever seen.
    Missing My Life -PSA-Please Watch- 30 seconds could help someone you know

"If I say something in the woods, and my wife isn't around to hear it. Am I still wrong?"
  • Options
    BECOKABECOKA Posts: 16,957 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>And why would it BB?

Unless there is some environmental damage that I can't see it looks pretty good from here. >>

I would think that the "dents/pockmarks" (3 small on obverse - 1 large on reverse) would get it BB'd?? (I've never yet submitted a coin for grading, but that was my guess). >>

Considering the condition don't you think they would net grade it?
  • Options
    No BB--it's a nice PO1 IHC_TMO! - (too many pockets)image
    morgannut2
  • Options

Anyone else have an opinion on whether it would bodybag due to "damage" (or whatnot)??
  • Options
    Where are all the lowball submitter's when I need an opinion..... eh??
  • Options
    ajiaajia Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭
    I am not a lowball submitter, but I would think it would BB.
    Obvious damage.
    Since there is nowhere on the submission form that distinguishes between a normal submission & a lowball submission, the 'rules' should be the same.......right?

Maybe a question for Ron & David?
  • Options
    I think it would BB due to the dents.
  • Options
    Is the Q&A no longer active??
  • Options
    dohdoh Posts: 6,457 ✭✭✭
    The dent on the reverse is the biggest issue. If it were only the two on the obverse I think you might be okay....the one on the reverse though...I'd say the odds are less than 50/50 that it would slab.
    Positive BST transactions with: too many names to list! 36 at last count.
  • Options
    tightbudgettightbudget Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭

<< <i>The dent on the reverse is the biggest issue. If it were only the two on the obverse I think you might be okay....the one on the reverse though...I'd say the odds are less than 50/50 that it would slab. >>

• Options
    LeeBoneLeeBone Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I think it would BB due to the dents. >>

But............you never know.
  • Options
    seanqseanq Posts: 8,575 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The reverse would definitely keep that coin out of a holder, IMHO. That's part of the challenge of a lowball set, and why some of these PO-01 coins are legitimately tough to find that will grade - it's hard for a coin to to circulate that long without being damaged.

Sean Reynolds
    Incomplete planchets wanted, especially Lincoln Cents & type coins.

"Keep in mind that most of what passes as numismatic information is no more than tested opinion at best, and marketing blather at worst. However, I try to choose my words carefully, since I know that you guys are always watching." - Joe O'Connor
  • Options
    dorkkarldorkkarl Posts: 12,692 ✭✭✭

<< <i>it's hard for a coin to to circulate that long without being damaged. >>

gotta defintely disagree. many many coins circulated until being worn down to slicks w/out being damaged. however, they have been removed from circulation after having outlived their usefulness, hence their attrition rate. take a look at any number of slick buffs & slqs

gotta agree though that the subject coin is remarkably well worn but still having a date!

K S
  • Options

I put the question to the Q&A board on 03-01....................... don't know if it is still active though??

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file