Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Get well wishes to John Wooden

I know that Coach is a popular figure on the boards and thought this was worth mentioning to those who may have not heard. I'm going to make it a point to send a card out ASAP:

(AP) John Wooden broke his left wrist and collarbone in a fall, leaving the former UCLA basketball coach hospitalized Friday.

Daughter Nan Muehlhausen said the 97-year-old Wooden fell in his condominium Thursday night. She said Wooden was resting comfortably in a hospital and visited with family members throughout the day.

"Dad's spirits are good," Muehlhausen said in a statement. "He is up and joking around with the family. He will probably be in the hospital for a couple of more days before he goes home."

Wooden has a hairline fracture in his wrist and a fractured collarbone. He also hit his head, but a CT scan of his head and neck were negative.

Comments

• rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    i just read that on sportscollectors, that bites, hes been around for so long,i think he had something to do with inventing basketball!!!!!johns a institution, at least he didnt fall and break his hip,that usually does ya in when ya get old