Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Guess the PCGS Grade...Lincoln Memorial '63

Guess the PCGS grade and my price paid...

Gonna crack-Out for the Dansco :

imageimage
Collector of Early 20th Century U.S. Coinage.
ANA Member R-3147111

Comments

• Options
    62RD
  • Options
  • Options
    STONESTONE Posts: 15,275
    64RD-
  • Options
    tightbudgettightbudget Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭
    64 red. Don't crack it out, just buy another one for a buck. Less of a hassle IMO.
  • Options
    dohdoh Posts: 6,457 ✭✭✭
    64RD....hope it cost like 2 bucks
    Positive BST transactions with: too many names to list! 36 at last count.
  • Options
    cool coin I think 62rdimage
  • Options
    64RD, 65RD on a real good day.

$6
    My humble '63 mint registry set, not much, but it's mine!
  • Options
    So what is the logical conclusion?image

$10 sight-unseen.
    imageimage
    ANA Member R-3147111
  • Options
    seanqseanq Posts: 8,579 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, I would never have sent that coin to PCGS in the first place. To my eye, the chatter on Abe's shoulder, along with the marks on the reverse to the left of the memorial and EPU, are enough to keep this coin from grading any higher than 64RD.

I agree with the sentiments of another person earlier in the thread - leave that coin in the holder, buy a roll of UNC 1963 cents for a few bucks instead and put the nicest of the 50 coins in your Dansco.

Sean Reynolds
    Incomplete planchets wanted, especially Lincoln Cents & type coins.

"Keep in mind that most of what passes as numismatic information is no more than tested opinion at best, and marketing blather at worst. However, I try to choose my words carefully, since I know that you guys are always watching." - Joe O'Connor
  • Options
    OneCentOneCent Posts: 3,561

<< <i>Honestly, I would never have sent that coin to PCGS in the first place. To my eye, the chatter on Abe's shoulder, along with the marks on the reverse to the left of the memorial and EPU, are enough to keep this coin from grading any higher than 64RD.

I agree with the sentiments of another person earlier in the thread - leave that coin in the holder, buy a roll of UNC 1963 cents for a few bucks instead and put the nicest of the 50 coins in your Dansco.

Sean Reynolds >>

I agree that the coin is NOT a 65RD....This should be obvious to anyone examining the piece. With that said, I bought it sight unseen for $10. Ten bucks is not exactly going to break the bank so it is neither here nor there for me . What is more puzzling is how the coin got into a 65 holder???

Based upon the cert # can someone determine the time frame in which this coin was graded? Doesn't appear to be a bulk submission, either.
    imageimage
    ANA Member R-3147111
  • Options
    Hmmmmm. Graded too high for the money to get the grade and you paid too much. j/k
    In the time of Chimpanzee's
    I was a Monkey
  • Options
    ahooka454ahooka454 Posts: 3,466
    Agree that it looks like a 63.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file