Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Evidence of trimming? or naturally occuring short card?

I bought a '63 Fleer chekclist that I was warned by seller that it seemed a little short. When I got all my graded Fleers out and eye-balled them. there really was a variety of sizes. I have heard the cliche that there is a "range" of lengths and widths. If that is true, other than getting it graded, what do I look for? On arrival... checklist was smaller than most, but measured evenly with a few.

Comments

• Options
    some corners sharper than others, see if ALL the edges have the same consitency, usually they are not perfectly smooth, but have a wavy looke to them.
  • Options
    I have heard that "hand trimmed" will show a little curl, but that laser trimmed cards are flat. I have heard also that trimmed cards have lighter paper color on the edges, but I have 50 year old eyes and if that is a determinator, none of my cards are trimmedimage
  • Options
    fattymacsfattymacs Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭
    I've got a couple 1964 Topps I bought in the mid 80's (from different sellers) that are slightly narrower than other years. I doubt either were trimmed, but who knows.
  • Options
    sagardsagard Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭
    If you examine it closely and you believe it is good, do not submit it with a bunch of larger cards from the same series.
  • Options
    I am just trying to find out if anyone has specific info on how to identify trimmed cards...and basically how PSA identifies "evidence of trimming" if there is variation in dimensions of cards