Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Another counterfeit 1846 $1?????

Gee this seller again.......He's had 2 auctions pulled in the last 2 days....

link-o

Comments

• Options
    STONESTONE Posts: 15,275
    Crooks like this who purposely leave out that these coins are counterfeit should be permanently banned.

P.S. I do think this is a very good counterfeit that would have tricked me at first glance.
    Edited to Add: Now seeing larger pictures It's an obvious fake.....What a CROOK image
  • Options
    mozeppamozeppa Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭
    are we 100% sure its bogus?.........................100% sure?image
  • Options
    ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,903 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>are we 100% sure its bogus?.........................100% sure?image >>

Its rusting for Pete's sake!! I don't think silver rusts......unless it's from freakin CHINAimage
  • Options
    tjkilliantjkillian Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭

<< <i>are we 100% sure its bogus?.........................100% sure?image >>

Yes, I am 100% sure that it is fake. The tell-tale sign for me is the gash on "Liberty" near the "I".
    Tom

• Options
    That's funny, it is rusting.

ANyway, that's looking scary. Another couple tons pressure on that press and they have a great looking coin.
    Life member of the SSDC
  • Options
    dohdoh Posts: 6,457 ✭✭✭
    Sure looks suspect. And this seller is known for selling counterfeit coins and being rather rude when you e-mail him about it.
    Positive BST transactions with: too many names to list! 36 at last count.
  • Options
    tightbudgettightbudget Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭
    AU?
  • Options
    Walkerguy21DWalkerguy21D Posts: 11,150 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Sure looks suspect. And this seller is known for selling counterfeit coins >>

I like his verbage - "Have to part with my collection." Maybe it's because the feds are after him!
    Successful BST transactions with 170 members. Recent: Tonedeaf, Shane6596, Piano1, Ikenefic, RG, PCGSPhoto, stman, Don'tTelltheWife, Boosibri, Ron1968, snowequities, VTchaser, jrt103, SurfinxHI, 78saen, bp777, FHC, RYK, JTHawaii, Opportunity, Kliao, bigtime36, skanderbeg, split37, thebigeng, acloco, Toninginthblood, OKCC, braddick, Coinflip, robcool, fastfreddie, tightbudget, DBSTrader2, nickelsciolist, relaxn, Eagle eye, soldi, silverman68, ElKevvo, sawyerjosh, Schmitz7, talkingwalnut2, konsole, sharkman987, sniocsu, comma, jesbroken, David1234, biosolar, Sullykerry, Moldnut, erwindoc, MichaelDixon, GotTheBug
  • Options
    vplitevplite Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭
    This seller is dishonest and has the stones to indicate "No Returns".
    The Golden Rule: Those with the gold make the rules.
  • Options
    shirohniichanshirohniichan Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭
    Some of the lettering may appear weak but that is a feature of the coin, they were minted that way!!!

His description is indeed accurate. Counterfeits are notorious for weak lettering.
    Obscurum per obscurius
  • Options
    e-bay cancelled out his sale on his bogus AU 1795 Draped Bust Dollar but the beat goes on. image
    A thing of beauty is a joy for ever
  • Options
    what a persistent SOB now where is that report them link I was supposed to bookmarkimage
  • Options
    UtahCoinUtahCoin Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>what a persistent SOB now where is that report them link I was supposed to bookmarkimage >>

Use this Link
    I used to be somebody, now I'm just a coin collector.
    Recipient of the coveted "You Suck" award, April 2009 for cherrypicking a 1833 CBHD LM-5, and April 2022 for a 1835 LM-12, and again in Aug 2012 for picking off a 1952 FS-902.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>what a persistent SOB now where is that report them link I was supposed to bookmarkimage >>

Use this Link >>

AHHH thank you.
  • Options
    Sent him a little message saying that it was counterfeit and to please stop selling them here is what I got back

HEY DIRT BAG. WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO DIE. I HAVE NO IDEA THAT THE COIN IS COUNTERFEIT. LOOK AT MY FEEDBACK YOU PIECE OF DOG MANURE. IF I WAS REGULARLY SELLING COUNTERFEITS, WOULD I HAVE 300 POSITIVE FEEDBACKS. I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOUR MOTIVES ARE, BUT YOU CAN BE LIABLE FOR SLANDER, SO WATCH IT. GET A JOB, A LIFE, AND DON'T BID ON THE COIN, YOU SCUMBAG!!!
  • Options
    vplitevplite Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭
    That is uncharitable. He did not have to yell either.image
    The Golden Rule: Those with the gold make the rules.
  • Options
    coolestcoolest Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Sent him a little message saying that it was counterfeit and to please stop selling them here is what I got back

HEY DIRT BAG. WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO DIE. I HAVE NO IDEA THAT THE COIN IS COUNTERFEIT. LOOK AT MY FEEDBACK YOU PIECE OF DOG MANURE. IF I WAS REGULARLY SELLING COUNTERFEITS, WOULD I HAVE 300 POSITIVE FEEDBACKS. I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOUR MOTIVES ARE, BUT YOU CAN BE LIABLE FOR SLANDER, SO WATCH IT. GET A JOB, A LIFE, AND DON'T BID ON THE COIN, YOU SCUMBAG!!! >>

I have been following one of his coins (11-D $5 Indian PCGS AU55) now I think I should not even bother. Especially since I could swear that this same coin sold last week. Anyone else remember this coin selling? Are their good fake PCGS slabs?
  • Options
    pb2ypb2y Posts: 1,461

<< <i>Sent him a little message saying that it was counterfeit and to please stop selling them here is what I got back HEY DIRT BAG. WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO DIE. I HAVE NO IDEA THAT THE COIN IS COUNTERFEIT. LOOK AT MY FEEDBACK YOU PIECE OF DOG MANURE. IF I WAS REGULARLY SELLING COUNTERFEITS, WOULD I HAVE 300 POSITIVE FEEDBACKS. I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOUR MOTIVES ARE, BUT YOU CAN BE LIABLE FOR SLANDER, SO WATCH IT. GET A JOB, A LIFE, AND DON'T BID ON THE COIN, YOU SCUMBAG!!! >>

This reply should be forwarded back to eBay.

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Sent him a little message saying that it was counterfeit and to please stop selling them here is what I got back HEY DIRT BAG. WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO DIE. I HAVE NO IDEA THAT THE COIN IS COUNTERFEIT. LOOK AT MY FEEDBACK YOU PIECE OF DOG MANURE. IF I WAS REGULARLY SELLING COUNTERFEITS, WOULD I HAVE 300 POSITIVE FEEDBACKS. I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOUR MOTIVES ARE, BUT YOU CAN BE LIABLE FOR SLANDER, SO WATCH IT. GET A JOB, A LIFE, AND DON'T BID ON THE COIN, YOU SCUMBAG!!! >>

This reply should be forwarded back to eBay. >>

I have not that it will make a difference.
  • Options
    BECOKABECOKA Posts: 16,957 ✭✭✭
    It is possible that this seller is having trouble coming to terms with the fact it's bogus.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file