Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Tales from the Till: found in change 02-29-08

WeissWeiss Posts: 9,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
Been on a roll lately. This is the 3rd month in a row I've found a silver quarter in the change from this buildings' coin-operated laundry. This month was unusually heavy, probably $300 in quarters.

Something going on with the mint mark. Might be a repunched die, but it really looks like the "D" is over something else. Any clues?

Last month's silver find
We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
--Severian the Lame

Comments

• Options
    My wife found one a few months ago, but I cannot remember the last time I found silver in change. I found some in $500 box of halves, but not sure that is the same thing.
  • Options
    CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭
    I hit the bank today and although never a roll searcher decided to give it a shot, I asked for 1/2 dollar rolls and of course they had none. While I was doing this my buddy calls and I told him I was at the bank and was gonna try and pick up some rolls. He says for what? Anyway I got nothing at my bank.....he got $300 face at his and pulled 17-40% silvers and some rolls of Bicentennials...I don't know about those but I think he did pretty good....

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file