Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

A beautiful .....2

Ok I am a littl eupset at my last submission on t3's and t9's. Three that were holdered SGC 1.5's came back as "authentic" but not altered. I decided to pick up some "low grade" cards already graded. This I bought grade and was graded the same time as my last submission.
ANY reason why this is a TWO??? MAybe there is something I am missing??? no paper loss, ONE tiny wrinkle in the upper left corner SIXTY bucks to resubmit. BTW this is the toughest card in the set.

Comments

• Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Ted

What grade do you feel it should be?

That wrinkle, was it pressed out?

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭
    my guess would be the dirt/water spots on the right hand side of the back
  • Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    no the wrinkle is just one of those uppe corner wrinkles that happen on these cabinet cards, does a wrinkle mean a FOUR?
  • Options
    rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    i think its a nice looking card ted,i have 5 's that look worse,make its a wrinkle, i sent a a 52 bowman small tittle i thought was nice raw ,came back a 3 lol, had a wrinke, other wise it was fine
  • Options
    must be those spots, I wouldn't think it would take it that far down, but you are prolly right image
  • Options
    digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭
    It looks like the tip of the upper right corner is gone. Would that do it?.
    My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25
  • Options
    Beautiful color too . . .

I have seen 2's in way worse condition than that card .

Could it have had something to do with the splattering of whatever that is on the reverse ?

I'd have called it 3.5 all day .

I am surprised they do not include the reasons they are graded as they are , sure it takes a little more time , but at least the customer will know the reasons for the grade .

Maybe they want you to crack it and resub again for another 65 bucks , so they can get it right .

• Options
    yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭
    Ted, ya got a beauty of a card there. I would buy that as a 2 any day of the week.
  • Options
    I think they know damn well whoever owns the card is not going to settle for a 2 and that's the reason for the 2 !

I'm pissed and it aint even my card !
  • Options
    2 or not, the card has great eye appeal which is the most important factor for me.
  • Options
    I know I couldn't be more upset, for 60 bucks next time grades are posted, I am gonna call "the man" to run down and take a look. That card in psa 3.5 or even 4 owuld sell for ridiculous money. Then I could buy a few PSA 1's with a hint of paperloss image
  • Options

<< <i>2 or not, the card has great eye appeal which is the most important factor for me. >>

I agree with you 150%, very neat looking card!!!!
    Collecting Interests:
    Ripken, Brooks & Frank Robinson, Old Orioles, Sweet Spot Autos, older Redskins - Riggins, Sonny, Baugh etc and anything that catches my eye. image

My ghetto sportscard webpage...All Scans - No Lists!!! Stinky Linky
  • Options
    This one I would agree is a 2 though

PSA 2

• Options

<< <i>That card in psa 3.5 or even 4 owuld sell for ridiculous money. >>

And that's why it's a 2. Somebody thinks you're not deserving of the extra dough. That's reserved for "special" customers.
    << image >>
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>That card in psa 3.5 or even 4 owuld sell for ridiculous money. >>

And that's why it's a 2. Somebody thinks you're not deserving of the extra dough. That's reserved for "special" customers. >>

NO "creating weath" image Thanks for the responses, I paid about 2 $$ for it so no probalme keeping it as is...maybe send it in the holder...lol
  • Options
    Wait a minute ?
    2 dollars ?
    or
    200?
  • Options
    Nice card, Likely that mildew, back right killed it. Is that an eraser mark at the front, top?
  • Options

<< <i>Wait a minute ?
    2 dollars ?
    or
    200? >>

I think he meant that he spent the equivalent of what a PSA 2 would sell for.
  • Options
    Ted's card is pristine compared to that cobb!