Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

look how bad this is

brutal mantle rookie
how do people possibly think this is real??
people always post that ebay rules say they have to list as a reprint... is that a rule??
I have sold some old mantles and never listed as a reprint.. because they werent..

Comments

• Options
    I believe the rule is that you cannot disclaim the authenticity of an item. "Selling as a reprint" would probably qualify as such.
  • Options
    I think if it has questionable authenticity, eBay requires then to sell as a reprint, right?

Also, this is a blatant fake, is it not?

• Options
    I think there are certain cards that eBay requires to be sold in either graded form or, if raw, as reprints. The '52 Mantle is one of those cards.

Chris
    Chris
    My small collection
    Want List:
    '61 Topps Roy Campanella in PSA 5-7
    Cardinal T206 cards
    Adam Wainwright GU Jersey
  • Options
    Good day,
    For the uninitiated, How do you know it's a Fake???
    Neil
    Actually Collect Non Sport, but am just so full of myself I post all over the place !!!!!!!
  • Options
    OAKESY25OAKESY25 Posts: 4,726 ✭✭✭
    look how grainy the picture on the card is.. it is clearly photo copied..
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    This card has been with my family many years and i do not want to sell for a ridiculously low amount. I understand I cannot have a buy it now because i am new. I do not want to pull the plug on this as i am allowed to do prior to the final 12 hours, so please if you have real interest in this card, bid accordingly. I do not want to start over after i get my 5 positive reviews as i have 6 items currently up for bidding and tons on the way. Thank you

First off he can have a BIN and secondly if he has tons on the way why not wait until then to sell his 'Mantle'

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    Horrible work by this scammer. If it seems to good to be true...

Oh yea, it is no doubt an authenticity disclaimer. Report it here; ADs
  • Options
    bluemarlinbluemarlin Posts: 627 ✭✭✭
    I like how these scammers always write in the description,"selling as reprint,although it doesn't
    say reprint on it anywhere" Well hello dummy it's a counterfeit why would it!

Jake
  • Options
    BunchOBullBunchOBull Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭
    Steve,

I believe new seller accounts are required to have 10 feedbacks from buyers before being allowed to list BIN.

I tried on my seller account, and it was a no go.
    Collector of most things Frank Thomas. www.BigHurtHOF.com
  • Options
    If he is ID verified he can have a BIN, that is not that hard to get verified even for a scammer
  • Options
    Fake!
  • Options
    AllenAllen Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭
    People are dumb.